Restrict sale of product

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327928

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23

Hello,
I have a certain number of products on my clients site that cannot be sold to certain countries. They cannot be exported so cannot be purchased in those countries. I've read on other posts about creating shipping methods and restricting this way, but is there not a simpler option and under the Restrictions & Dimensions box on each product to select those countries that cannot purchase them?

Is there another way other than shipping methods?

Thanks

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 3 months ago #327930

Hi,

I don't know of other ways. I would indeed recommend creating shipping methods restricted by zone with their "shipping price per product" setting activated so that you can then use the "shipping prices" area of the product edit interface to block shipping methods when the products you don't want to ship to the corresponding zones are in the cart.
Besides that, you could develop your own shipping plugin to deal with the restriction. You could probably simply the setup that way but I don't think the time and money spend on such development would be worth it compared to just setting up shipping methods as described.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds