"Please login first" while being a Guest

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328717

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Please login first

Hello,

I've got a problem with downloading after buying a download product. I switched from Registration to Guest (Login & Registration).
After receiving the "payment successful" email (with the download link) I sometimes can simply download the file straight from the email (the way I want it).
Other times, when I click on the download link, I'm redirected to the website and an message saying "Please login first".
I've already experienced a successful download the first and second time, but then it failed. I've performed a lot of different tests with different users and email addresses.
Please help. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 2 months ago #328721

Hi,

The download link normally contains an order_token parameter which allows the system to allow the download.
Also, normally, the system won't redirect to the login form unless the user linked to the order has a Joomla user account.
One reason I could think of would be that you registered with the same email address that you used for the guest checkout, and thus, the order got linked to the user account after the order was created.
In that case, the download link would ask you to login to the user account before allowing for the download.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328742

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I performed my test with new Guests, so without a Joomla account, so I think this is not causing the problem.
This morning I performed a new test. When I clicked on the link in the email, the download started directly, as it supposed to do.
However, when I tried to download it a second time, I got the same problem as described before. The download number limit is set to Unlimited.
Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Hans

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 2 months ago #328747

Hi,

I don't see why it would work differently on the first try and second try unless the user account was created for that email address in between the two tries.
Could you provide the download URL, the order number of the order and a backend access so that we could check on the situation ?
You can do that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you also include a link to this thread as reference.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328776

Hi Nicolas, I've just sent you the details. Kind regards, Hans

• Thank you received: 609
3 years 2 months ago #328782

Hello,

Sorry for this return, but it seems that you forget some elements in order to grant us the access, see my screenshot to better understand my idea :

Awaiting these additional elements to be able to progress.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #328806

Hello Philip,
I believe I didn't forget to provide you the details. As stated in my email you can use the set of login credentials (hika + password) both for the screen above as for for the Joomla login. In other words: use the same username and password twice!
Hopefully this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Hans

• Thank you received: 609
3 years 1 month ago #328822

Hello,

Thanks for your elements, we process some analysis, and it seems that your current issue come from your custom email (Order status notification).

As mentioned by Nicolas, in your email your download link need to have a token, we didn't see it in your custom email.
Now to solve your issue, Save on your side your custom code AND remove all custom parts (Html customization, text customization & Preload customization).
And process a new test, if that solve your issue, then this means maybe that your custom come from a too older email code maybe.
And so, unfortunately maybe you have to re-created it from a more recent version.

Hope this will help you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329282

Hi Phlip,

Sorry for my late reply. I followed your advice and it worked! Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds