No confirmed email sent shop owner

• Thank you received: 12
3 years 2 months ago #329472

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40

Hi,

I'm finally ready to go live with my redesign B)

www.rebuilddrunkcheese3.jroot.layer3.co.uk/

So I've been doing some testing and Hikashop doesn't seem to send an email to the shop owner when a payment has been made (via PayPal).

I still get this email:

"
Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Completed. The order is now confirmed.

This notification was for the order E2W5J61 on the website www.rebuilddrunkcheese3.jroot.layer3.co.uk/
You can access the order details directly by clicking on the link below after logging in your back end:
www.rebuilddrunkcheese3.jroot.layer3.co....k=edit&order_id=2561
"

But isn't there meant to be another email with the customer's order details? This is helpful because the customer can fulfil orders without having to log into the website. On Hikashop > System > Emails I have the default emails published - please see attached

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329493

Hi,

It's indeed this email that the shop owner receives after an order is paid.
With your version of HikaShop, this email is not modifiable via the menu System>Emails and doesn't contain the order details.
If you want these, you'll have to update your HikaShop to a more recent version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas

3 years 2 months ago #329512

Hi Nicolas, thanks for your reply.

I'm not trying to edit this email. I am just wondering where it has gone? On this exact version of Hikashop, I used to get the order confirmed email.

Thanks.

3 years 2 months ago #329515

Hi,

The payment notification with the details of the order sent to the admin does not exist in your version of HikaShop nor did it ever exist before.
If you received as an admin an email with the details of the order after the payment, it's likely that you had configured the CC or BCC of the order status notification with your email address to get a copy of the email sent to the customer.

3 years 2 months ago #329711

Hi,

Ok, I take your word. I'm possibly thinking about another version of Hikashop. Does it have this feature on version 3.1.1 business?

Thanks

3 years 2 months ago #329714

Hi,

The payment notification email with the details of the order was added in HikaShop 3.5.1

You can see it mentioned on the changelog:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

The payment notification email now uses the email system of HikaShop and has its own editable email instead of a text version through Joomla email system. That way, it can contain all the order information instead of just the notification message.

And you can check that page with archive.org, this was already mentioned there 3 years ago :
web.archive.org/web/20180816130536/http:...ashop-changelog.html

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds