• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329641

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.edsmusic.nl/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi,
My online shop is also used for orders where I produce audio exclusive for a certain customer. Is is possible to create an order at the backend and add an audiofile to it that can be downloaded after payment is successful? Until now I create a new product with that file and then create an order with that product. It will be easier when I can create a new order at the backend with product "music production" and add the audiofile that can be downloaded after payment is successful. That certain audio file is made only for that customer.

With kind regards,

Remko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329649

Hi,

You could create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "ajax file" to be able to directly add the file to the order. However, in that case, the link to the file will be available directly to the customer, whether the order is paid or not.
If you want to only allow for the download after the payment, then you indeed have to add the file to a product created specifically for this and then add that product to the order so that you can rely on the standard "download after purchase" mechanism in HikaShop.

Now, if you're a developer and you're motivated, or you have one working for you, it's always possible to create some view overrides and develop a small plugin to authorize the access to the custom field or not based on status of the order.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Remko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds