Is It A Good Idea To Use Gmail In System Emails

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 8 months ago #335222

Hi there,

Under System > Configuration > Emails I am using the email that match my domain. I noticed that for the past couple months I am not receiving those emails. If it wasn't for Paypal I would not have know I had any sales. When I check the email on Cpanel they are listed there but they are not being forwarding to my gmail email that I set-up.

Do you know if there are any issues if I put the gmail email in System > Configuration > Emails instead? I'm thinking that may work better.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
2 years 8 months ago #335230

Hi,

Note that there are different email address options in that section of the configuration.
For the bounce email, from email settings, you want to keep an email address which is linked to your hosting / domain. Because an email server cannot send an email with a "from" email address of another domain name (you can't send emails with a "from" address of the white house and impersonate the USA president for example).
However, for the payment notification email address and the order admin email address settings, yes, using a gmail address there will help circumvent the email forwarding issue you have on your hosting (supposing that it is an email forwarding issue)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds