Change input fields checkbout

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 month ago #340015

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0

Hey,

What file do I need to overwrite to change the fields of the checkout?

I want to remove the label and instead set a placeholder. The house number next to the street. A checkbox that will hide display the company fields etc.

Best regards,

RG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 1 month ago #340016

Hi,

Well, first you have the settings of the custom fields of the table "address" that you can find when you edit them via the menu Display>Custom fields.
There, you'll be able to set a placeholder, change their order, add a checkbox with the hide/display mechanism using the "display limited to" setting.
To remove the labels, the best is to hide them. You can do so with CSS code.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
If you really what to go further with the customization of the address fields on the checkout (like having them on two columns instead of one), you would need to edit the file checkout / sub_block_login_registration.php for the registration/guest form and the checkout / show_block_address.php for the address edit / new forms, via the menu Display>Views.

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 month ago #340236

Thanks.

For the text fields I see no problems. But can you give me an extra tip for the select fields? Can you point me the file where you generate them?

Best regards,

RG

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 1 month ago #340237

Hi,

Well I don't see how that will help.
The fields are generated in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php
But what do you want to do with the select fields ? There is probably a better solution than directly modifying that file, which would be problematic when you update HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds