• Hikashop Business
2 years 1 month ago #340363

-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.6

Hi there,

is there a way to create employees in the HikaShop who
1. can only access a predetermined group of customers
2. can enter orders for the assigned customers

(possibly additional module)

Our goal: We have field staff, so they could use the shop to record orders for the customers they need to look after.

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
2 years 1 month ago #340364

Hi,

There is no such mechanism. The closest is the sales representative mode of HikaMarket Multivendor which allows the user to select a vendor during the checkout so that the order will be assigned to the vendor when created.

You can read more about this here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...gional-managers.html

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 4 weeks ago #340380

Hi there,

Alternatively, I have the following question:

It is possible

1. design the ordering process differently for customer groups?

2. to integrate a free text input field in the ordering process, in which a module independent of the shop runs. Here (external module) I would then integrate a customer selection. The result is then sent with the order CSV.

Alternatively: Only point 2 visible for a special customer group?

I thank you in advance for the feedback.

• Thank you received: 13066
2 years 4 weeks ago #340386

Hi,

You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields of HikaShop Business to have a selector on the checkout.
The custom fields system allows you to either enter the values to be selected manually in the settings of the custom field or with a MySQL query.
You can read more about this here:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/475-hikashop-4-4-4.html#cf
It actually allows you to easily display a select with all the users as choices of that select dropdown.
So if you want to only allow the selection of some of the users based on their user group, you could change that MySQL query to join with the user group table of joomla and add an extra condition on the user group. So it should be fairly simple if you know MySQL.
And then, if you want to be able to select users from different user groups based on the user group of the current user, you could create several custom fields, one for each user group / user (with the "access level" setting of the custom field) which will have that custom field, and in each custom field, adapt the MySQL query to filter the users based on the corresponding user group.

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 4 weeks ago #340399

Hi, sounds a bit complicated to me, a non-professional. At least now I know that there is a solution for my requirement. Thank you for the feedback.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds