Points Error

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 11 months ago #341155

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.28

Hi

my client recently updated a number of orders via actions on the administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order&order_type=sale&filter_partner=0 While everything seems to have worked as expected the screen displayed the error as per the attachment. I would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions on why this may have happened.

Thanks

David

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 11 months ago #341167

Hi,

This indicates that the user points of one of the users (who were linked to the orders being modified) went below 0 with the action that was made by your client.
For example, if he refunded the orders, the points gained by the users when making the purchase would be substracted from their user points. But if they used the points they earned in the meantime, then this situation could happen.
In that case, the system displays that error message and set the user points of the user to 0.

We'll improve the message to "The user %s got % points deducted. However, he only had %s points left. His user points has been set to 0 but you might want to do something manually." for the backend so that it's easier to understand whose user account the message is for and why it's happening.
Thanks for the feedback.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 11 months ago #341168

Nicolas

thanks for the reply. Is there any way of finding out which order the error might relate to as this was a bulk action?

The client has told me that no payment had been requested and the orders were updated to awaiting payment which is one of the statuses. So cannot understand why that would have happened

Also, "His user points has been set to 0 but you might want to do something manually." Is this something for customer notes?

Thanks

David

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by davec. Reason: update the post

1 year 11 months ago #341169

Hi,

Well, you can check the points of the users of each order and see which ones have an amount of points at 0.
If you have several of them, you need to check their order(s) that were processed by the action and check if it could generate a change of -131 points.

With my patch, next version of HikaShop will display the user email address and how many points it had before the change, so it will be easier to know what happened for your client.

The message won't be in the customer's notes. It will be displayed instead of the current "You used X points" message.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 11 months ago #341184

Hi

The issue is that no payments were taken, either for points PayPal or Stripe. In which case no points should have been deducted.

The status set up is Awaiting Payment, the customer then gets an email asking them to make payment.

Thanks

David

1 year 11 months ago #341186

Hi,

It's not necessarily a problem with an order being purchased with points.
As I said in my example in a previous message, it could be that points were gained when the order was created and the action made by the client removed those gained points.
Now, I don't know the specific characteristics of the orders that were modified, nor what action was made on the orders, nor how the points system is linked to these orders (at least one of them). So it's hard for me to say anything specific here.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341314

Hi

Where the status was updated to Awaiting Payment no charges are made so no money/or points would be exchanged. Points that have been collected are in the users account and are used as full or part payment as is the normal process. Based on the status used no transactions should have taken place. An email would have been sent asking them to make payment.

I am quite happy to provide login details so that you can look at the statuses and how it is configured.

Thanks

David

1 year 10 months ago #341319

Hi,

Well, I could have a look at the backend, yes. I might be able to figure out something. However, I would also need the list of all the orders that have been modified by the action and what exact action was made.
Could you provide all that ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341323

Hi Nicolas

I will look at the email log files. The date was 26th and the status update was awaiting payment. I should be able to see which orders were triggered

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341337

Hi Nicolas

Are you happy for me to email you login details via the contact page and for you to take a look please?

Thanks

David

1 year 10 months ago #341338

Hi,

Yes, you can use the contact form page.
Please make sure you include a link to this thread for reference in your message.

1 year 10 months ago #341473

Hi,

So lets take an example of the order 1019469:
If you look at the history of the order you can see that:
- it was first created on the 03-28
- its status was then changed to Processing on the 03-28
- its status was then changed to Awaiting Payment on the 03-28
- its status was then changed to Processing on the 04-26
- its status was then changed to Awaiting Payment on the 04-26

I can see that you've configured the "Reward Points" plugin instance in the menu System>Plugins.

And I can see that in the System>Order statuses menu, you've configured the status Processing under the "Invoice" column (and other statuses we don't care for this example). The statuses created and Awaiting Payment are not enabled under that column.

This means that on the 03-28, points were added to the user's account, before being taken off 1 hour and a half later, and then on the 04-26, points were added again before being taken out 6 hours later when the status was finally changed to Awaiting Payment.
So on the 04-26, if during these 6 hours, the customer would have placed an order using his points, it would have triggered that error message since he would have used points you would then try to remove by changing back the status to Awaiting Payment.

I checked this user's orders listing and that's not the case.
But you would basically have to check this for each order that was changed at the same time to find out which one was the problematic one.

This also means you have a problem in your workflow as you shouldn't add points and remove them a few hours later. Normally, you want to add points when the payment is made, and remove the points when the payment is refunded. So there is probably something to change regarding the order statuses setup based on your workflow and when points should be awarded and removed.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341510

Hi Nicolas

thanks for taking a look.

Are you suggesting that the Processing Status should not have invoice activated or should Awaiting Payment have the invoice column ticked?

I will forward the info you have supplied and look at this further and update in due course

Thanks

David

1 year 10 months ago #341514

Hi,

Yes, that's basically either one should be done. Or maybe other statuses need to be implemented so that once the points are added with a specific status, they aren't removed a few hours later with another status change as there is no reason for that.
Now, the "invoice" column is also used for the stock management and the generation of the invoice number, so your client should be careful about this when changing the order statuses setup.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341877

Hi Nicolas

apologies for the late reply to this thread, I have been away on holiday so now catching up.

Looking at the statuses the only ones checked as unpaid are Created, Cancel & Awaiting Payment. Should invoice only be ticked where payment has been received?

I would appreciate some guidance on how this should be set up so that I can avoid another error going forward. I have set up a

This message contains confidential information
which of you are able to take a look it would be very helpful? The login is the same as I sent previously via the contact for if you still have the details.

Thanks

David

1 year 10 months ago #341887

Hi,

Under the "unpaid" column, you should have only the status before the payment (so that the customer has access to the payment of an order already created).
And under the "invoice" column, you should only have the status after the payment and not ones where the payment is invalidated (refunded for example). So under that column you should normally have "confirmed" and "shipped" by default.

I checked your website configuration.
Now, I can see you have a lot of statuses, and I don't know what each status is for, so I can't say anything for sure.
There are several things I feel are strange:
- in the column "invoice", you have the "return / resend processing" and the "Cancel 24hrs, No Payment" statuses enabled. I think you might want to disable them.
- in the column "cancelled", you have the "Cancel 24hrs, No Payment" and the "refunded" statuses not enabled and I think they should be.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #341996

Hi Nicolas

thanks very much for the info. I have updated the statuses and would just like to confirm that the setting now look correct?
Thanks

David

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by davec. Reason: changed attachment

1 year 10 months ago #341997

Hi,

That look much better. Now please understand that I don't know what each status is used for and what is the workflow of the merchant on that website, so there might still be some things to change but it looks fine to me with the information I have right now.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds