• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #341383

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello,

I've upgraded a Joomla 3 website using hikashop, to a Joomla 4 website using hikashop. I have an issue with missing functionality.

On the screen in the link administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order&task=edit, in Joomla 3, while adding a product to the order, I get the attached screen with product name, code, quantity, price and ID. In Joomla 4, when I use the new "Select" function in the same screen, I get a more simplified screen where you can search for the product you want. I cannot search on IDs, and the added functionality of the list is removed entirely.

Is this something that is just lost due to migrating from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4? Or is there something else going on.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 10 months ago #341385

Hi,

We indeed reworked that popup interface for Joomla 4 as it couldn't work the way it was done on Joomla 4.
However, you should not have lost any function.
The products selector there is the same you can find elsewhere in HikaShop. For example, when you select a product in the "products" option of a discount/coupon, or when you select a "related product" in a product edit form. So basically, we decided to harmonize the product selector there with what is available everywhere else in HikaShop's backend.
And when you click there, you can still see the categories tree to search products through the categories, and you can also type text in the input to search the matching products / variants below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: vweb

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #343635

Hello,

Are there any plans at all to return the interface from Joomla 3 (as in the screenshot) to Joomla 4 at all? The functionality may still be there, but the way it is stylized and hidden now frustrates the workflow of the users of my website.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 7 months ago #343639

Hi,

We don't plan to return to the old interface. The old interface doesn't work with Joomla 4 and it's more complex for no advantage. Plus it would require extra work on our end.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds