Customization of order confirmation mails

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #342261

Hi everyone,

how is it possible to customize the content of the order confirmation depending on the payment method? In the case of payment in advance, a payment request and the bank details should be displayed, but of course not in the case of payment on account.

And is it possible to customise the antiquated layout of the mails without being a programmer or hiring one?

Regards

Frank

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by ESSENSFREUDEN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 9 months ago #342266

Hi,

1. In the "bank transfer" payment method, you have a setting "bank information". The text you enter will be automatically displayed to the user at the end of the checkout with some explanation text (you can change that text with a translation override: www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify ) if that payment method is selected. And similarly, that text will also be added to the email sent to the user (the order creation notification email) sent to the customer at the end of the checkout if that payment method is selected.
So normally, you should not need to customize the email to do that.

2. The layout of the emails can be modified by editing an email in the menu System>Emails, and clicking on the edit icon of the "template" setting. The template contains only HTML and CSS and no PHP code.
I knew HTML and CSS before taking any programing classes so I don't consider that you would need to be a programmer to be able to change the layout. Still, it requires knowledge of HTML and CSS and if you don't know them you won't be able to customize the layout as it's not just a drag & drop interface.
Now I don't know where you stand so I can't say if you would need to have someone help you with that or not.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ESSENSFREUDEN

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #342297

Thank you! I appreciate the detailed and quick help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds