PDF plug in fails

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343317

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Vivaldi
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : cannot find media/com_hikashop/images/icons/icon-48-order.png

I've just bought the PDF plugin for invoices, but when I test it out I get an error message that media/com_hikashop/images/icons/icon-48-order.png can't be found. The file is in the folder and I've added the folder to Admin Tools in case that was blocking access but I still can't get it to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 8 months ago #343320

Hi,

Can you activate the "debug" setting of the joomla configuration and try again ? Please provide the exact full error message.

Are you sure that the error message is not "Unable to get the size of the image". It's a common issue with the PDF plugin. For example:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/5-support...g/340607.html#340607
This usually happens when either the web server is blocking access to the image because fo the user-agent provided by the plugin when retreiving the image ( geekflare.com/block-unwanted-requests/ ), or the web server doesn't allow PHP to establish connections to the outside ( serverfault.com/a/388720 ).

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343338

Thank you for your reply. I've activated the Debug mode and created another order, then in the back end I set the order to confirmed. The error message is 'Could not access file: vegetablediary.co.uk/media/com_hikashop/...es/icon-48-order.png '. I've attached a screenprint of the error and also one of some errors that appeared when I created the order, they appeared when adding products to the shopping cart.

Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #343339

Hi,

That's an image which is by default in HikaShop.
Did you delete that image ?
Could you restore it ?
If you download the install package of Hikashop on our website, you can find the image in media/images/icons/icon-48-order.png in the zip.
And if the image is already there, it means that you have something else on your web server blocking access to that file, like a htaccess rule, or a web server configuration rule.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343353

Thank you for your prompt reply.
The file is definitely visible on the server and I've tried adding the filename to the htaccess file to avoid it being blocked. I've worked around the problem by commenting out the reference to the icon image in the email text and it now produces the PDF correctly.

One other question is it possible to edit the PDF invoice text?

1 year 8 months ago #343355

Hi,

Yes.

Texts use translation keys, so you can use translation overrides to modify them:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Otherwise, for more complex modifications, you can edit the file plugins/hikashop/attachinvoice/attachinvoice/invoice.php to change the PDF rendering.

The following user(s) said Thank You: iafdesign

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds