Order Paid Payment Taken - Status Cancelled

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346394

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hi

I have a situation where an order is placed and paid for using PayPal Standard. The order is then showing as cancelled but has a PayPal Transaction ID. The one or two that I have checked also match the Payment logs which I have just downloaded. It is also worth noting that some orders were not paid and therefore met that criteria.

The client has already checked an order on PayPal and the payment was taken.

Your help would be appreciated

Thanks

David

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 4 months ago #346397

Hi,

If the order was cancelled, it means that something was wrong. The two main reasons when it only happens for some orders are:
- the IP address of the PayPal server was not in the list of authorized IPs in the payment method (leave empty to avoid the issue)
- the amount paid was not exactly the same as the amount of the order (can happen if the "send order details" setting is activated in the payment method and the "round prices during calculations" setting of the HikaShop configuration is turned off)

So please check all this.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346414

Hi Nicolas

I have checked the settings and the round prices during calculations was switched off. However this has been the case since the site was launched which is nearly 4 years ago. Up until the 4th November everything was working as expected so I am really not sure what is going on.

I am not sure how or why the client would be able to alter the amounts paid or it that would be possible?

It seems that some subsequent orders have processed correctly. I will go back to the client and check that this is the case.

Thanks

David

1 year 4 months ago #346416

Hi,

It could also be that the "verified status" setting of the payment method has been changed to "cancelled" instead of "confirmed", so that's another thing to check.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346432

Hi Nicolas

as I noted previously nothing has changed on the site and the order statuses are all correct. The site is now processing payments correctly so I will continue to monitor it.

Thanks

David

1 year 4 months ago #346434

Hi,

And the amount of the transaction in PayPal is exactly the same as the total amount of the order in HikaShop ?
In that case, maybe it comes from a temporary network issue which prevented the PayPal payment plugin from contacting PayPal's server to validate the IPN during the notification process. In that case, it could exceptionnally trigger a cancelled order event instead of confirming the order as the plugin wouldn't be able to differentiate the IPN from PayPal to an IPN sent by someone else trying to confirm an order that was never paid.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347075

Hi Nicolas

this issue has arisen again.

I know there is a new PayPal plugin. If that is used can orders be created by the admin and still paid with PayPal as is currently the case?

I am going to also contact the hosting company to see if there is anything in their logs that may point to the issue.

Thanks

David

1 year 3 months ago #347078

Hi,

Yes, you can do that too with the new PayPal Checkout plugin.

Regarding the issue with the old plugin, you can activate the debug setting of the payment plugin and next time you have the issue, you can look in the "payment log file" of the HikaShop configuration. It should contain information about what's going on.

But yes, switching to the new plugin will circumvent the problem, and not only that but the new plugin offers a better user experience for your customers. And that's without saying that the old plugin will probably not work anymore in a few years when PayPal discontinue the API since it's now almost 20 years old.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347101

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for the reply. I have turned on debug and I have also tested the new plugin on a test site with positive results. I have asked the client to supply me with client ID etc so that I can activate it on the live site.

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347135

Hi Nicolas

having turned debug on there has been another order paid but then showing as cancelled. I can email the whole log if you would like me to? I would apreciate your feedback/help?

This message contains confidential information

Thanks

David

1 year 3 months ago #347136

Hi,

This indicates that everything went fine for the PayPal plugin during the payment notification.
So either:
- you have selected "cancelled" instead of "confirmed" in the "verified status" setting of the payment method. So check it via The System>Payment methods menu
- you have a mass action or a plugin which changes the status from confirmed to cancelled on the fly during the confirmation of the order. So, do you have mass actions ? Do you have custom plugins ? Does it work fine if you manually changes the status of the order in the backend ?

These would be the things to check.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347193

Hi Nicolas

there are no mass actions or custom plugins that should impact on orders. It all seems so random. There is another order today where the same issue has occurred. The order can be manually changed, so all works as expected. As I have noted previously all was working correctly and had been up until recently.

Thanks

David

Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #347194

Hi,

If it works for some orders and not for others, and it's not a mass action or a custom plugin, all I can think of is that the amount paid is not exactly the same as the total amount of the order in HikaShop.
I was asking about it in a previous message but you didn't reply on this point as far as I could see.
This can happen if you activate the "send order details" setting of the payment method and you have the "round prices during calculations" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration.
So please check all this.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347209

Hi Nicolas

neither of those settings are turned on and never have been. I thought I had already stated that in an earlier post.

Thanks

David

1 year 3 months ago #347214

Hi,

Then I don't know.
I don't see any other reason.
Could you provide a backend access so that we could check on your settings ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347230

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply. Should I send the login info to

This message contains confidential information

Thanks

David

1 year 3 months ago #347241

Hi,

Thanks for the access.
Whiel the "send order details" setting is turned off, I still think it has something to do with the amount paid.
If you look at the debug data for the order 1022845 you can see the amount paid is 13.94. But if you check the total amount displayed by HikaShop when you edit the order, it is 13.95.
It's that 1 cent difference which caused the order to be cancelled instead of being confirmed.
I think you want to activate the "Round prices during calculations" setting. It should help with that for futur orders.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #347253

Hi Nicolas

thanks very much for taking a look and your advice. I will make that change this morning.

Thanks

David

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds