Deposit fee

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 5 months ago #346537

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I want to build a platform with Hikashop, where you can rent products instead of buying them. The number of pieces I replace with number of months. In the shopping cart the price, depending on the number of months, plus for each item a deposit fee (which is paid back after the return of the item) should be displayed and calculated. The deposit fee can be calculated as an entry or depending on the unit price.

How can I solve this challenge?
Thanks for any support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 5 months ago #346541

Hi,

How about using an option with only one choice for the deposit fee ?
To do that, you would first create a "deposit" characteristic, with one value "deposit fee" in Products>Characteristics.
Then, you would create an unpublished category where you would store the deposit options.
Then, for each product, you could create a "deposit" product in that unpublished category with the characteristic added to it (with the variant added too).
Finally, in each product, you could add the corresponding deposit product as an "option". It would appear as a dropdown on the product page with only one choice which would add its price to the price of the main product, similarly to what you can see on this page of the demo website:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...ct-page/with-options

1 year 5 months ago #346563

Thanks for the suggestion.
The deposit fee is not uniform but depends on the respective price. That would probably not be possible with your proposal?

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by langi.

1 year 5 months ago #346569

Hi,

That's not a problem. As I said, you can create many deposit products (with different prices) in the unpublished category so that in the main products, you can select the corresponding deposit product accordingly.

1 year 5 months ago #346591

Hi
Thank you very much. Yes, I thought of that too. But there is one more, hopefully last, problem to solve. The deposit must be paid only once per product, regardless of the quantity (in my case number of months).

1 year 5 months ago #346593

Hi,

In that case, you could use a characteristic for the selection of the number of months (with the price of the number of months in each variant of the main product. And then, you could change the "quantity input" of the main product to none to hide it so that the quantity of the product would always be 1 in the cart.

1 year 5 months ago #346608

Thank you very much for your patience!
I am now a bit blocked:
- What does ".... use a characteristic for the selection of the number of months (with the price of the number of months in each variant of the main product)."? How and where do I have to do that?
- " .... change the "quantity input" of the main product to none to hide it so that the quantity of the product would always be 1 in the cart" I can't find any such indication with the product. For the quantity, I can only enter a number. If I enter zero, I get the message that the item is not in stock.

1 year 5 months ago #346637

Hi,

1. You would create a characteristic (menu Products>Characteristics) with the values 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc.
Then, you would add that characteristic to the main product (in the "characteristics" setting of the product. And under the "Variants" tab which would appear after that, you would add the variants for the values (1 variant for "1 month", 1 variant for "2 months", etc).
And in each variant, you would enter the price (or the percentage from the main product (so if the main product price is 10 and you have percentage of 200 for the variant "2 months", the price of the product when "2 months" is selected would be 20.

2. Edit your product settings. There, you can find the "quantity input" setting under the Display section. I'm not talking about the "quantity" setting where you can enter the stock.

1 year 5 months ago #346662

Hi

Thank you very much for the great support. Now the light has dawned on me.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds