Order status emails not sending

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
1 week 4 days ago #360630

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error 500: SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: 4.4.62 Mail sent to the wrong Office 365 region. ATTR35. For more information please go to go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=865268 [ValidationStatus of '' is EmptyCertificate] [LO1PEPF000022FE.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM 2024-04-26T21:26:54.635Z 08DC62A6D51436EF] SMTP code: 451

I have had to update my email configuration as MS changed my settings. I now have to provide a different address, different port and do not need to provide authentication. I have updated the website, servers etc without any problems.
However HikaShop order status update is throwing an error.
I have sent email to a test user from the HikaShop Customer screen with no problems. But if I send order status notification updates, I get the error the mail has been sent to the wrong Office 365 region.
I have the email configuration setup with the relevant from and reply to emails. I have taken these settings out to use the default joomla address, but this made no difference. I do not have any additional email settings in the order status notification settings.
Please advise, why this area does not work any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
1 week 4 days ago #360633

Hi,

I would recommend following the instructions there:
learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troub...ffice-365-region-exo
It's the exact same error message.
There, Microsoft proposes several things to do in order to fix the problem, and from what I can read, nothing can be done in HikaShop.

Also, looking for "ValidationStatus of '' is EmptyCertificate" online, I found this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/77220819/una...soft-365-relay-via-p
Maybe the answer there could be useful ?

I'm not familiar with exchange so I don't think I will be to help further on this. If what I wrote above doesn't help, I can only recommend you to contact Microsoft's support:
learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/...?view=o365-worldwide

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
5 days 41 minutes ago #360789

My client started using 365 cloud and routed all their email through it. I have been unsuccessful in getting Joomla to connect properly with it. My solution is to use Gmail for my SMTP provider and route the Joomla website to send out emails using this. It works well.
This may be a fallback solution if all else fails.
I just thought I would pass along this tip for others having issues with 365.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds