TWINT for switzerland

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 2 weeks ago #317172

Dear Nicholas, dear all,

After a few weeks of intense discussion and calculation, we have developed an approach to still create the TWINT plugin for Hikashop (despite the hurdles TWINT.ch is putting infront of us), but of course it involves the Hikashop users in Switzerland/Lichtenstein and their commitments.

If there is enough (actual) demand for this plugin, we can go forward and develop it - otherwise we can't. Here is the deal:

We need at least 100 Hikashop users to be willing to purchase our "one-year update and support" subscription, before we can step forward. There we propose to all users to contact us (by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ). If there is enough demand, we can go forward with this development.

We then (if we cross that 100 users threshold) will ask those users to "preorder" such a one-year subscription. This subscription will only start the day our plugin is actually available and - as a thank you to your early support - this subscription will be valid for 1,5 years!

The plugin should be available within two to three months after we actually started development.

@Nicholas: you offered to send out a "mini-newsletter" (I belief you called it that) to your swiss and lichtensteinian users (people from these countries who downloaded Hikashop). We know these are not nessessarily actual Hikashop users today - anyway!

We look forward to your reactions

Kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

The following user(s) said Thank You: rwymann, patrick.chappuis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 2 weeks ago #317180

Hi,

Ok. I've sent a message to people we know are in Switzerland or the Lichtenstein on our end. The message will be send throughout this day, little by little (to improve the deliverability of the email).

4 years 2 weeks ago #317183

Thank you Nicholas,
let's see how this develops...

cheers
Ruediger

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 2 weeks ago #317220

Super - Yes are intrested to get a full intergration for www.Limmatschwimmen.ch

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 years 2 weeks ago #317261

Hello,

great news !
I also want to subscribe.

PS: I am in Switzerland, I have several hikashop and hikamarket subscriptions for my customers, but I have not received any information on this subject in the form of a newsletter which is addressed to me.

thank you

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #317262

Hello,
I am also interested, I will send an email as requested ;)

@Gabriel, I received the newsletter yesterday in the early afternoon.

Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Marti.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #317349

That would be great! We are also interested in a solution for Twint!

4 years 1 week ago #317643

Dear Nicholas and All,

Thank you for your responses - we got quite a few. However until now the response has been far below the required threshold for starting the development.

We belief the interest for such a plugin is much greater than those counted responses, so either a large number of Hikashop users (in Switzerland and Lichtenstein) did not see the message or did not see the "call-to-action" in the message.

So if you can help "spread the word" we eventually might be able to start the development.

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

4 years 1 week ago #317646

Meanwhile, I switched my shop to wordpress, because of a TWINT solution.

Just an advise for you.
I spent time and money for migrate to wordpress, not knowing if its the right decision.
After two weeks, I knew it was the right.

Maybe you should the risk too and develope this plugin.

3 years 11 months ago #318377

twint is realy used in Switzerland, more than google pay or samsung or apple pay. For my part if nothing is available in the coming weeks I plan to go on prestashop because many customers ask me for twint payment.. :(

3 years 11 months ago #318387

Hello dav35,

I defenitly share your frustration, but as the situation currently stands we cannot start this development. It does not look like we are getting close to one hundred swiss Hikashop users willing to commit to such a project.

Kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

3 years 11 months ago #318545

Hello @all

Why don't you use Postfinance Payment Gateway . Within th StartUp Plan TWINT is included. FYI
no need to change from HikaShop.

Best Regards
Hermann

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

3 years 11 months ago #318550

Thank you Hermann,
please note that there is a fundamental difference between "using any kind of payment service provider" (e.g. PostFinance) to utilise a specific payment method
and
using a taylormade plugin to use this payment method.

Main difference (but not the only one) is that the PSP is charging their own fees (which cover the payment method fees AND their own operation), while using the plugin only requires the shop owner to consider the payment-method fees).

The decision which path to select is (in my opinon) solely for the shop owner, and should not be prejudiced by the sheer availability (or lack thereof) of those two possibilities.

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

3 years 11 months ago #318575

Hello,
The problem with postfinance is above all that it requires the opening of an account with them to accept payment with the post card.
This account has expensive management fees. In addition, this makes 2 professional accounts to manage, so for small company it is not easy ...

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319351

Hello,
Twint is in Switzerland more than a simple payment solution, it is now used by the whole new generation not only for their online purchases but also for exchanges between private individuals.
As a result, more and more small shops and local producers are offering this payment system.
At the time of the Covi19 where nobody wants to have to put his code on devices used by everyone, this need is more than essential.
If this reality does not encourage you to develop this application, I think that not only you will have missed a good opportunity, but also that HikaShop and Joomla will continue to give up % of the market to WordPress, it would be a real shame...

3 years 11 months ago #319355

Hello Marti,
I fully agree that TWINT is very popular in Switzerland - and indeed we would love to develop an integration into Hikashop (and other, primarly Joomla, webshop systems). However please keep in mind that with the current attitude of TWINT.ch towards software developers, we simply cannot afford to start working on this...
So I am afraid we are not the ones implementing the bottleneck here...
kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 years 11 months ago #319361

I have a feeling that nobody wants to take a risk and get the shirt wet. And yet this is the price of glory.

Finally, there is the choice of shops integrating it: www.twint.ch/fr/clients-commerciaux/produits/plugins/

Joomla or wordpress

This is a shame!

having a top solution is one thing,
having the resources and the vision to get it fired, negotiating with stakeholders and partners is another ...

Besides, why sellxed from customweb no longer offers hikashop, in the past it was, now they no longer talk about hikashop, why?

www.sellxed.com/shop/fr/chf/extensions.html

I do not know if in English my speech has the same meaning as in French, I hope.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319366

@Schultz IT Solutions,
I don't accuse anyone, as I don't know the problems, I don't allow myself to judge ;)
If you do not plan to develop online shops in Switzerland with Joomla and HikaShop, I'm not sure that the development of this plugin is an immediately profitable business if that's what you want...

3 years 11 months ago #319372

just to be clear what we are talking about:
TWINT.ch is requesting a large upfront payment from us in order to allow us to develop such a plugin.

This leads to the situation that TWINT will be earning profits (without having any plugin-related costs to bear) from the very first transaction onwards until "the end of time", while not having any responsability for (plugin related) customer support.
In the same time, we have to shoulder that upfront payment, all development costs and indeed all running costs for providing you with the required service level.
I don't see this as a even-leveled agreement.

From an economic point of view, it is highly doubtful that in this constellation we will ever reach a break-even point for our taken risks.

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
3 years 8 months ago #322943

Hi

It seems that the TWINT payment can be supported by Postfinance but in a variant not supported by the current module proposed by Hikashop.

I invite you to read
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...-of-postfinance.html

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds