Help: Converge Upgrade Requirment for SHA-2

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 7 months ago #250720

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.besha2ready.com/converge

Converge / Evalon / VirtualMerchant (whatever they call themselves now) is sending out announcements to their customers regarding an upcoming upgrade for SHA-2 and the deprecation of SHA-1.

Main Site: www.besha2ready.com/
Converge Specific: www.besha2ready.com/converge

The above links do not contain the message that they are emailing to people, here is that message:

Elavon, your payment processor, in regards to the upcoming SHA 2 and TLS 1.2 deadline. We have your company, ~omitted~, on record as using Converge as a gateway for your payments processing. After October 31, 2016, any customer who is sending transactions via a SHA 1 connection and/or lower than TLS 1.2 through Elavon will not be able to process. If you are using a custom API or 3rd party shopping cart, please forward this to your web designer or IT department, otherwise, continue below if processing straight to ConvergePay or My Virtual Merchant websites.

You will want to click on: www.besha2ready.com/

Then follow these easy steps………

1) Please click on the link across the top saying CONVERGE – this is located on the far left.
2) click on the words CONVERGE WEBSITE (close to the very top of the page – in blue – there are 4 and this is the first one).
3) Please verify that your operating system and browser are up to date. Detailed info is given. (there is nothing to click on – just read the info)
4) Once confirmed, stay on the same page, scroll down and click on classic.convergepay.com/VirtualMerchant .
5) You will be directed to the log-in screen
6) No need to sign in – just getting there means you are upgraded!
7) Bookmark the screen for future transactions.

If there is anything I can do to assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Is there anything that needs to be done on the Hikashop side in order to continue using Converge?

Personal: michaeltunnell.com
Business: visuex.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 7 months ago #250722

Hi,

There is nothing to do ; It is related to the HTTPS connexion, not related to the payment plugin itself.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 6 months ago #252974

According to the page below, Elavon changed the URL used for processing.

www.besha2ready.com/converge#convergeapi

Question: How do we edit the Hikashop plugin to be compatible with the new URL?

Thanks in advance.

7 years 6 months ago #252976

Hi,

Elavon has created a new PCI DSS v3.1 compliant production environment that you may start using on July 31, 2016. Please use the following API URLs for the new production environment.

There are new URL but the previous one are still working !
If you submit the following example Request: 
https://demo.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchantDemo/processxml.do?xmldata=....

So there is no need to edit anything in the current plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #253089

Jerome wrote: Hi,

Elavon has created a new PCI DSS v3.1 compliant production environment that you may start using on July 31, 2016. Please use the following API URLs for the new production environment.

There are new URL but the previous one are still working !
If you submit the following example Request: 
https://demo.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchantDemo/processxml.do?xmldata=....

Yep, it is still working. But...

Converge API - Testing Your Application Environment/Conducting a Test Transaction
IMPORTANT:To continue processing with Converge, you must support SHA-2 by October 15, 2016 and TLS 1.2 by October 31, 2017.

--H

• Thank you received: 13071
7 years 6 months ago #253094

Hi,

As Jerome said, TLS 1.2 is supported provided that the cURL installed on your server supports it so it's not relative to HikaShop or the plugin in HikaShop.
So if you want to check something for that, you need to check with your hosting company that your server supports cURL connections with TLS 1.2, however, you still have more than a year for that.

The link you gave has some instructions for you so that you can test that everything is correct with your web server so I invite you to try that out.

7 years 6 months ago #253406

I have the same concern as above. The notice I received from Converge indicates the old url will no longer function after Nov 1, 2016.

So if there is an update that can be rolled out or instructions on updating the url I would love to see that.

7 years 6 months ago #253410

Hi,

As far as we can see, the official developer documentation is still (last modification april 2016) :
www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchan...d/developerGuide.pdf
And in that documentation, the URL are still the same.

You can also find some online documentation in that website and each page, the URL are the same :
www.convergepay.com/converge-webapp/developer/#/welcome
www.convergepay.com/converge-webapp/deve...onverge/introduction
www.convergepay.com/converge-webapp/deve...erge/getting-started
www.convergepay.com/converge-webapp/deve...r/#/converge/samples

It is not that we don't believe you but it will be a way better if the official documentation was telling the same thing.
As long as the official website do not provide that information ; we are not able to change the URL like that.

Afterwards, you are free to edit the plugin and change the URL into it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 6 months ago #253484

Thanks Jerome
That's most helpful and I can and do appreciate you letting us know why you/HikaShop can't do something with the plugin at this time.

One thing I would ask, if you could, you mention we are free to edit the plugin and change the url in it. Can you outline where that would be? I looked through the basic setup for the plugin and couldn't find it there, just the Merchant id/password etc.

You mentioned that the official developer doc was current as of April 2016, that is actually a little outside the big push Google and others made for the switch to a more secured internet, and given that most companies are waiting for some time next year to do their shifts, I kind of applaud VirtualMerchant for being ahead of the game and getting things done before the big online shopping season.

I have spoken with Elavon, one of their agents and pointed out the DeveloperGuide.pdf, page 7 does not reflect the shift in the production URLs as you pointed out.
Having said that, Converge, by way of the emails indicated the new environment via their testing site for APi.
www.besha2ready.com/converge

When I emailed Elavon about the issue and their lack of updating their own documentation, I did request that they provide some sort of extension because we do not all have the luxury of a developer on staff, and use plugins like HikaShop to allow us to do business. I'll update if I hear anything, but could you outline how we would change the URL regardless?

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Roym.

7 years 6 months ago #253486

Hi,

You can edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/virtualmerchant/virtualmerchant.php and change the URL there if you want to try out:
$url = ' www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchant/processxml.do ';
Just put the other URL instead.
Of course, we'll be happy to change that URL if VirtualMerchant decides to make it public / tell us that they will remove the old one, but it doesn't seem to be the case for now. The change is really easy anyway.

7 years 6 months ago #253598

Thank you to the HikaShop team.

It should come as no real surprise, that when I asked the folks at Elavon (an agent for Converge) about the Doc being out of date, their response was, "Thank you for your response. Know that we are working on updating our guides."

7 years 6 months ago #253602

Thank you for your feedback.

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 5 months ago #253751

Roym wrote: It should come as no real surprise, that when I asked the folks at Elavon (an agent for Converge) about the Doc being out of date, their response was, "Thank you for your response. Know that we are working on updating our guides."

Exactly, Elavon/Converge/Whatever-this-week is by far the worst merchant services company I've ever dealt with. I would happily pay more per transaction for customer service that wasn't so incredibly awful.

Personal: michaeltunnell.com
Business: visuex.com

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds