Virtual Wallet for Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 3 months ago #259892

Hi, pls I'll like to know if there's already a Virtual wallet payment method in place for Hikashop. I've searched but couldn't find any.
What I mean is a system in which a customer can pay with the digital funds available in their wallet balance. The wallet can be funded automatically via credit card payment methods(Paypal, Paystack, Voguepay, etc) or manually via bank transfer.
How can I get this plugin please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 3 months ago #259910

Hi,

It looks like you're talking about user points. You can have products on your website that people can purchase in order to get points. And then uses these points to purchase other things.
Is that it ?
In that case, you can look at the user points documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/257-using-points.html
Or are you talking about something else maybe ?

7 years 3 months ago #259987

Not really points per se.
The wallet is used to hold customers fund so that they don't have to fill their credit card details or transfer to our account everytime they want to buy products.
Once their wallet is funded, they can easily pay for goods or services using the money available in their wallet without having to use other payment methods.
And as usual, they'll still be awarded points after each successful payments by using funds in their wallet.
An example of what I mean can be found in the link below.
Thanks

store.webkul.com/Joomla-Virtuemart-Wallet-System.html

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 3 months ago #260003

Hi,

The point system is exactly the same thing.
Instead of calling it point you just have to name it "wallet" and that's it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278897

I currently want to use the points plugin as a Wallet on my store but I'm having few challenges
1) I created a product to award points(Wallet funds) to customers after they buy it. I want only this product to award points to my customers after they make a purchase. All other products in my store should not except this particular product. How can I achieve this?

2) How can i make the 'Pay with Points' plugin to trigger/send a successful Payment notification email as other plugin(e.g. Paypal,etc.) does when a Payment is successful.

3) I enabled the user points field to display in the frontend in my custom fields. I like the fact that its displayed in the user profile but i don't want it to be displayed in my registration page. How can i hide it from the registration page?

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 7 months ago #278915

Hi,

1. In the settings of the user points plugin, you can restrict it to categories. So create an unpublished category and add it as a second category to the products which should award points upon purchase and select it in your user points plugin.
That way, other products won't award points.

2. There is no such email for the user points payment plugin. Only the payment plugins receiving a payment notification from a payment gateway to confirm that the order has been paid receive such email. Since the user points payment plugin doesn't receive any notification and basically just allow the customer to purchase his products for free by reducing the amount of points in his account, when the order is created, you're already sure that it is a valid order that has been paid.
Actually, when the order is created, there is already an email sent to the admin called "order administrator notification" which even has more information in it about the order than the payment notification email.
So you could use that email. You could even modify it a bit to only send it based on the payment method used.

3. I would recommend turning off the "front end" display setting of the user points custom field because this allows the user to modify the value in the custom field (set it in the registration form, and modify it in his Joomla user profile). Instead, I would recommend to modify one of the view files of HikaShop to add some code to display the points of the user account:
www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/8...guration.html#199198
With the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration, you can easily see which view file to edit in order to add such code based on where you want it exactly:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds