STRIPE Plugin?

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 weeks ago #266210

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

In JED you wrote the Starter edition includes "Stripe" but it seems not true, because in payment method stripe is not listed.
It is a real pity becuase it is much better and less expensive then Paypal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 3 weeks ago #266212

Hi,

We indeed removed the Stripe plugin from the install package. However, we provide it for free here:
github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-stripe
As explained in the documentation page of the stripe payment plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documentation/251
We externalized it because the Stripe library is quite big and takes a lot of place in the HikaShop install package.

Note that the description of HikaShop Starter on the JED doesn't say that the plugins are all included directly in HikaShop. We just say that they are free:

**Extending HikaShop**
- More than 60 FREE payment plugins to handle online credit card payments including:
Paypal Standard, Pro and Express Checkout, Google Checkout, Authorize.net with AIM, SIM and DPM, Moneybookers, Bluepaid, EPay, SagePay, Payment Express, Payza, eWAY, SIPS ATOS, SIPS ATOS v2, CM-CIC, HSBC CPI, iVeri, PayJunction, ServiRed, Innovative Gateay Intuit, CardSave, RBS Business and Global Gateway, AliPay, MIGS (for Bendigo, Commweb and ANZ egate), OKPay, VirtualMerchant, iPayDNA, PostFinance, PayBox, Ogone, Amazon FPS, CECA, eSelect/Moneris, Stripe, BitPay etc

It's the same with a lot of integrations we talk about in the description there:
- Integration with Community Builder and JomSocial for orders listing in user's own profile
- Integration with XMAP, OSMap and MapX for site map
- Integration with Joomla's breadcrumb and search module
- Integration with sh404SEF and Joomla's SEF systems
- Integrations available for hundreds of other systems, extensions and third party services (accounting software, ERPs, shipping tracking, subscription systems, payment gateways, shipping platforms, etc)
Most of them are not included by default in HikaShop. We're just saying that they are available.

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimphillips

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #332490

... Yes they might be free but VERY hard to find, I had to use Google.
I had after 6 years!! again TRIED to use HikaShop after failing completely the first time. I can't believe the user interface hasn't improved at all, and now I had to go through an endless list all starting with "Hika" to find out, that there is no Strip payment option pre-installed, and no info whatsoever on your website!

So how do I get rid of all the other payment options that are installed ?!

As incredibly confusing and everything super hard to find, and still super weird displays ...

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 11 months ago #332507

Hi,

Sorry for your bad experience.
The Stripe plugin is not installed anymore with HikaShop as Stripe discontinued the API. The plugin has been made available on github instead. Our partner Obsidev has developed a Stripe payment plugin for the latest API of Stripe and it is available here:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html

For the payment plugins pre installed, if you don't want them, you can uninstall them via the extensions manager of Joomla:
docs.joomla.org/Uninstalling_an_extension

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds