Paypal dont work anymore

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266645

I just asked a question here:
www.paypal-techsupport.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 1 month ago #266652

Hello,

I have the same problem like a say in french post : www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...e-a-jour.html#266640

I read paypal-knowledge.com post.

Since 29 march all my french localisation transactions are out. But this night one is OK and his localisation is from England.
My store zone is in french_metropolitan with standards parameters...

Perhaps is important for you to find a solution

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 1 month ago #266679

Thanks to Nicolas speculation that turning Address Override and / or Send Order Details OFF would probably solve this problem, I tested it on my site. Heres the result:

Address Override OFF Send Order Details OFF ..... SUCCESS

Address Override OFF Send Order Details ON ..... SUCCESS

Address Override ON Send Order Details OFF ..... ERROR

Address Override ON Send Order Details ON ..... ERROR
This seems to work, so i will set my site to
Address Override OFF Send Order Details ON & see how it goes..
Thanks to Nicolas for all that hard work.
rgds emmdee

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, xatzopou

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 1 month ago #266684

YES !

Thank You emmdee

My site is OK with Address Override OFF Send Order Details ON

Thank's Nicolas

:cheer:

• Thank you received: 13104
7 years 1 month ago #266688

Hi,

Thanks for your feedbacks.
So the problem is related to the address settings.
Relative to this, I found that documentation:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...dress/#id08A9BM00A5Z
It explains various things regarding how to configure the address related settings in your PayPal account and your PayPal payment method.
I suppose that there must be some combination of these in your cases which makes it wrong for PayPal checking algorithm.
I highly encourage you to contact the PayPal support to ask them why you have to turn off the "address override" since the update of the 29th of march while it was working ok before.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266690

This is great news, thanks everybody!

Nicolas: one question please.
If we turn off the Override Address setting, does it have any impact to the EU VAT requirements, in regards to collecting and storing the required buyer information? I don't see any issues at the first glance; you are the expert, so I need to ask.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266695

It works BUT, there is always a BUT:

I asked a customer who couldn't purchase the products yesterday, to place his order again today. The order finally went through. So far so good. Nevertheless, I noticed a long delay (15 minutes) between the moment he placed the order and the moment PayPal confirmed it. So, I asked the customer if he experienced any difficulties on PayPal's site. Here's what he told me:

"Once I’d completed checkout I was referred to their site where I logged on in the normal way. However, I then met a “Just one moment, we have to confirm it’s you” screen asking for consent to SMS me a code.

They wanted to send the code to my UK mobile number which cannot be accessed from overseas. Very frustrating as there is no alternative offered. Until recently - but only for a short while, maybe a couple of months - you’d be given the option to receive an e-mail in which they’d include a code.

I therefore checked out as a guest, only to be re-directed to a page that had all my Thailand information already completed."

This is not good either.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by panefs.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266716

More news:
A customer who had issues yesterday, tried to buy the same product today. The good news is that he experienced no problems.

So, I assume that if we switch off the 'Address override' setting, we'll get issues if the address (or the country) that the customer enters in our site doesn't match the one entered in PayPal, correct?

7 years 1 month ago #266694

Hi,

No, that won't change anything regarding taxes.
HikaShop will still collect the address on your checkout and thus you'll still have the information linking the order to the address of the customer.

2. The SMS verification is done by PayPal/the bank as part of the 3D secure security protocol for credit card payments.
So I don't see why purchasing as a guest or logged in user would change anything.
HikaShop cannot change whether PayPal uses 3D secure or not.
I'd recommend to check with PayPal support regarding that customer details and why this difference happen. I feel that it is another issue, not related to the address override.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

7 years 1 month ago #266730

Hi,

We got the feedback from PayPal:

This issue occurs upon the combination of two circumstances:

- When the variable "address_override=1" it's being passed to PayPal.

This parameter basically tells PayPal that the shipping address being sent over to us must not be changed in the payment pages, so we won't allow buyers to change it once they land on PayPal.

AND

- Passing incorrect/inconsistent shipping address parameters.

The following will need to be sent to PayPal, from a shipping address point of view:

first_name
last_name
address1
zip
city
state (optional for some countries)
country (will require the ISO code of the country)

So if your integration it's not passing any of the above or if it contains an inconsistent value (we will do validation in some countries, for example we will verify that US zip codes match city/state) we will display the error.

Note that without "address_override=1" we won't display any errors and we will simply use the buyer's default shipping address instead of the incorrect one being passed to us.

Can you check all the shipping variables are being passed and there is a correct value?

Pay special attention to the value of "country" where you need to pass something like "US", "FR", "GB", etc. rather than "United States", "France", "United Kingdom", etc.

Thanks.

www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-HTML-...td-p/1127556/page/25

Of course, HikaShop passes the correct value for the country code. But it can't check that the city/state corresponds to the zip code entered. So that means that the problem is that part of the address data entered by the customer is not validated by PayPal and that with the "address override" setting, you ask PayPal to use the address provided by HikaShop without giving it the possibility to the customer to change it.
Unfortunately, we can't do much on our end to prevent that besides just stating that we recommend keeping that option turned off.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266759

So, what the options with less issues that we must choose in paypal plugin?

Deactivate address override?
Turn Custummer address to "no address"?
Turn off "Enable validation mode"?

Best regards

• Thank you received: 4006
7 years 1 month ago #266760

Hello,

Deactivate address override setting in the paypal plugin configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 1 month ago #266812

Hello,
I have the same problem and it doesn't work anymore.
I have disabled the override and it doesn't work.
I actually don't use addressees, I sell only services; no shipping. I am so far in the sandbox.
Richard

7 years 1 month ago #266826

Hi,

Then turn off the "send order details" setting as well.
If that doesn't help, please provide a screenshot of the settings of your PayPal payment method.

7 years 1 month ago #266898

Hi,
it was already turned off. It tried alsowith "no shipping" set to 1.

regards
RIchard

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #266902

Hi,

Then try with that plugin:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...-anymore.html#266572
And if that doesn't help, then all I can think of is to trace the data sent to PayPal with your browser's inspector and contact the PayPal support so that they can review them and tell you what's wrong:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-HTML-...?profile.language=en
www.howtogeek.com/105320/how-to-use-fire...web-developer-tools/
developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-d...&utm_campaign=2016q3

7 years 1 month ago #267096

Hi Nicolas,
thanks for trying to resolve. unfortunately the error remains the same.

Is that misplaced from my part to say that it is Hikashop to resolve issues coming from a standard component of Hikashop and that I don't really understand why you ask me to do the debugging; and apparently that affects several people?

I am not a developper and that is why I have purchased Hikashop as a package so I don't have to spend time to debugg it.

Please be aware that I don't want to offend or be rude and I say that gently; I know that sometimes emails may look more aggressive than the real intent.

kind regards.
Richard

7 years 1 month ago #267121

Hi,

First: this problem didn't happen before. It only started when PayPal changed their stuff. It should thus be PayPal who provide precise instructions to what to do.
Second: the problem is not in the way the plugin is written. The problem is in the way the plugin and your HikaShop are configured.
We are happy to resolve issues coming from a standard HikaShop, but this is not the case here based on all the feedback we got.
And everyone so far was able to solve the problem by turning off the address override setting (because the address their customers had was not valid as per PayPal's requirements), not something we can do anything about.
Which leaves you the only one with that same error but for another reason we don't know, but certainly not a problem of how the plugin is written since there are thousands of merchants using it right now and it's working fine for all of them.

I'm not saying that you should debug though. I agree that it's not your role. It's the role of PayPal's support. They should look at your transactions data on their end and tell you what's wrong. That's actually what I told you in my previous message.
Once they tell you that, either you know what to do, or you ask us what to do by providing us with the information of what's wrong. But we can't tell you what's wrong as we don't know all the rules they put into place as they didn't provide an exhaustive list.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #267332

Hi,
we also have a problem with hikashop and paypal payment. We are testing the shop with the paypal sandbox but after I got redirected to the paypal site I get a 500 Error. This problem exists for at least a week while some weeks ago this has been working.
I attached the sent form data

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4006
7 years 1 month ago #267489

Hello,

Please contact the Paypal support in order to have more details about the issue.

I'm not saying that you should debug though. I agree that it's not your role. It's the role of PayPal's support. They should look at your transactions data on their end and tell you what's wrong. That's actually what I told you in my previous message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds