Do not select default shipping and payment method

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
7 years 1 week ago #267369

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

We notice that a default shipping and payment method was selected in the latest version of Hikashop

We remember that there is a setting in configuration to control this behavior so no default was selected

How can we control this behavior now or change the default selected method?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 1 week ago #267378

Hi,

This setting has been removed. The new cart system forces a payment and shipping method to be automatically selected.
That helps avoid many issues we had with the old checkout system with refresh of the pages, etc on some particular configurations of the checkout.
So there is now no way to not have a payment/shipping method preselected.
If you want to have that done, that would require some coding by a developer.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
7 years 1 week ago #267444

Dear Nicolas

Thanks for your reply but too bad to hear this

We have found a alternative way, changing the ordering of the payment/shipping method can change the default selected (first ordering will be selected)

Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Jerome. Reason: removing quote

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 week ago #267468

Hello,

It's good to know that you have found an alternative.

About that modification of behavior ; it was something required in HikaShop in order to avoid a huge number of issues we faced in the support.
Depending the checkout workflow, the organisation of the blocks, etc ; the customer had to confirm several times a same step in order to validate the payment method (or shipping method choice).
So we had to change some elements to propose a more "fluid" workflow.

Now we still have some ideas of improvements for HikaShop and the checkout ; and with custom plugins it is possible to change the default payment & shipping selection. The idea behind it is to provide a very flexible system with no frustration for the customer when he want to checkout.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273075

Hi Jerome,

I want to have another payment plugin selected as default; but it won't work. Where can I select default payment method?

I tried ordering plugins in joomla > plugins
I tried ordering payment methods in Hikashop > configuration > payment methods.

But still the second payment method is checked="checked", but I want the 'Frist' payment method to be checked.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #273086

Hi,

The default payment method selected is always the first one in the list of the payment methods that you see on your checkout (and same for shipping). That order depends on the order of the payment methods in System>Payment methods, not the order of the plugins which is not used since you can have several payment methods for the same plugin.
Note that once you make the change in the ordering of the methods, you need to have your user session AND cart reset (deleted) in order to see the change because the information of the selected payment method is stored in them.
So if you've set the ordering like you want, it probably already is working but you don't see it as you already have them selected in your cart.
Delete the carts for your user in the backend and login/logout to refresh your user session and you should see the change.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #288988

Hi
Please , tell me how U find alternative way exactly What thats mean "hanging the ordering of the payment/shipping method can change the default selected (first ordering will be selected)"
regards
Kris

6 years 1 month ago #288990

Hello,

Please do not duplicate your message between the forum and the contact forum.
We removed your other post talking about the exact same subject.

Now regarding your question ; I don't know how to explain it to your since the message you quote looks already clear.

The shipping method is always automatically pre-selected and it is the first available method which will be pick-up.
It is the exact same thing for the payment method.
Since shipping method and payment methods are ordered (via the ordering field) ; changing the ordering allows you to set-up which will be the first method, so the one which will be select in priority for the users.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297046

Jerome,

We now have the "No payment methods found" displaying on the checkout page and when we click finish, it does not go to the Authorize website as it did previously. The Authorize plug is setup properly as it has not been changed and it was working before.

So after researching various forum posts, I came across this forcing of a shipping and payment method.

Huh..What if you have 'No Shipping'? This client sells online content access and there is no actual shipping done. If you are going to require that both a shipping and payment method is required on the checkout, you need to add a shipping method for 'No Shipping' to accommodate online content providers.

So any suggestion on what to do so my clients customers can check out and pay for their access?

5 years 8 months ago #297057

Hello,

I'm afraid that your question is not related to that forum thread.
Please create a new one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds