Credit Card Fields too Small

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #267696

-- url of the page with the problem -- : clearwaterstesting.com/hikashop-menu-for...hop_shipping_methods
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message, issue is with sizing of credit card field info.

Hello, I noticed this morning that the fields for entering in certain elements of a customers credit card are way too small. I have my zoom set as it was before, and have changed nothing since this was last working. I've attached a snippet of the issue I am seeing. As you can see, Credit Card Owner, Credit Card Number, and Credit Card Validation Code are all way too small. Although the client can still fill out the forms, it scrolls and does not provide a large field entry box for them to reference and see their entire input. Please advise.

~Chris

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 11 months ago #267717

Hi,

It's probably because of the CSS in your template.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to access that page of your website, so I can't confirm but I don't see why it would be something else.
I'm stuck at the shipping method selection: monosnap.com/file/hEaWNUAv8Rq98biPSZtlmTR0w1bYPf

6 years 11 months ago #267957

Hi Nick, thank you for the prompt response, what would I need to provide you to show you the inconsistencies I am experiencing? I will be available all weekend to work this out with you and all week next week.

~Chris

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #267959

Hello,

Nicolas wanted to access to that part of your checkout in order to be sure what was the CSS cause for your issue.
But, even if we cannot, you can.

Please check the CSS rules on your credit card field in order to know what rules are responsible to make them that small :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #268184

Hi all, thank you for your responses and sorry for getting back so long. I don't know why I wasn't reading it right at first, but now I see where Nick was stuck. Nick, I made it so you have to enter an address and add at least one product which is weighted (they all have weights and dimensions) to obtain a shipping method. Shipping method should work, as I literally just sold quite a few products to a customer early last week. Maybe make up an address, or a US based address? (the only current shipping methods I have are USPS based so it may not have registered a French address).

I'm not sure why the CSS has changed in my template, I never messed with this part of my website. I've taken a snapshot of the CSS I believe is responsible (I have no idea, I'm not a programmer) by following Jerome's response. Please see the attached image, I hope this can lead you to help me find the resolution.

Also, please note that "Credit Card Owner", "Credit Card Number", and "Credit Card Validation Code" are all showing up really small like that (it only shows the last two of the users inputs).

~Chris

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #268235

Hi,

In your screenshot, you can see that there is a width: 30px CSS rule on your input field.
However, since you scrolled down a bit, the file and line number where that CSS rule is is not displayed in your screenshot.
If you go back there and look again you should see easily which CSS file force the width of the inputs to 30px on that form and then you can remove that CSS rule in the file.

Otherwise, you can add such CSS to force the width of the inputs to be automatic:
.hikashop_checkout_payment input{ width: auto !important; }

6 years 11 months ago #268245

I'm going to go back and look for that CSS rule now. However in the interim, where would I put that automatic width adjustment code? I think I would prefer to use that if possible, especially if that was the default, which worked previously.

~Chris

6 years 11 months ago #268246

Hi,

You can add that either in your template CSS or in HikaShop's.
If you choose HikaShop, this documentation explains how to add it to the HikaShop CSS:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css

6 years 10 months ago #268427

Hi Nick and Jerome, I found the line of code that I thought would correspond to the change in width, it was line 52 in the Ananda custom.css, however when I changed this it changed almost all of my fields which could be filled. Any insight on how to only change the cc info fields?

Here is the code:

}

input.hikashop_product_quantity_field, input[type=text], input[type=password] {
width: 30px;
}

I changed it to 80% and it works pretty good, but now my product quantity field is super small.

~Chris

6 years 10 months ago #268429

Then separate that in two different CSS commands:
input[type=text], input[type=password] {
width: 80%;
}
input.hikashop_product_quantity_field {
width: 30px;
}
Please contact your template developer for such customization of the CSS of the template.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds