sent payment link by email after confirmation

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #271011

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0

Hello,

We sell outdoor courses. I would like to use the following process:
- a customer books a course (puts one in the cart)
- the customer follows a normal check out, but without the actual payment.
- we check the booking (do we have enough participants etc)
- when everything is ok, we sent an email with a link to the payment page of the order.

I would like to see in hikashop when and if someone has payed.

Is this possible? I could not find anything on the documentation about this.

Hope you can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 9 months ago #271060

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. Remove the view "payment" from the checkout workflow of the HikaShop configuration so that no payment happens during the checkout.
Then, you can configure the order statuses in the menu System>Order statuses so that the order will be payable based on a specific status that you add like "checked". And you turn on the setting "Payment of orders not paid immediately" in the HikaShop configuration so that the customers can click on a "pay now" button for the order on their orders listing once the order is in the correct status.
Then you just have to give them a link to their order listing in the email you send to them when you change the status from "created" to "checked".

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #271115

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. I'm going to try and get your explanation working on my site.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #271159

It looks like this should work the way we would like it to do.

I have still some questions though.

I did a reservation and when I did the check out, I didn't go to the payment page. Thats working

Than I changed the order status to checked (this status has unpaid checked). And I sent the default email to the customer (me). That's also working.

Now the link. There is a link in this email to the specific order. But there is no "pay now" button. When I click back (I thought I would go to the listing of orders of the customer), I get a login-page.
But I am working with guests, not user-accounts.

Do I need to work with user-accounts for this to work correctly?
And also, how do I easily get a link to the customers order listing

6 years 9 months ago #271178

Hi,

The orders listing is only accessible for user accounts. So yes with a guest order you can't access it.
I would recommend to directly include the payment link in the email.
I would recommend to not use the notification email sent when you change the status of the email, but instead the email that is sent when you click on the "email" button of the order in the backend.
That way, you can customize the HTML version of the "order notification" email via the menu System>Emails and add such HTML:

Your order can now be paid. <a href="http://yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order&task=pay&order_id={VAR:order.order_id}&order_token={VAR:order.order_token}">Please click here to access the payment of the order.</a>
That way, the link in the order will directly link to the payment page.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #271279

Can I use the guest accounts when I include just the payment link? Or do I need to use user accounts in any case for what I want?

When I use the link you suggest I still go to the order listing page (or at least I think it is).

This is the link I use:
elsbeth.org/crux3test/index.php?option=c...AR:order.order_token }

6 years 9 months ago #271280

Hi,

1. You can use guest accounts with the link I gave yes. Note that this link has the {VAR:order.order_id} and {VAR:order.order_token} tags replaced automatically when the system generates the email. So the link will only work when you click on it from the email that you receive in your email inbox.

2. Beware that it seems that there is an extra space between the order_token and the last } character in your link.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #271447

I am sorry, I am not getting it right.

I have put the link in the email html. But I "lose" the link when te email is sent and received.

I attached the HTML of the email.

I guess I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #271461

Hi,

You've added that code inside tags:
<!--{START:pay now door elsbeth}-->
and
<!--{END:pay now door elsbeth}-->
which don't exist. Please remove them.

Also, you've added your code between two tr of a table. That's not valid in HTML.
I would rather recommend to add your code just after the :
</table>
tag a few lines below for example.

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 2 months ago #302532

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to have a payment link for guest orders that are not paid immediately.
The standard Pay Now link directs to the order listing of user accounts and can't be used for guests.

Nicolas presented a payment link and said it can be used for guests.
I've tested the link. Alas still the guest is asked to log in. Of course he can't do that because he has no account.

Did I misunderstood that the payment link should work for guests?
Or is this behaviour caused by some wrong configuration?

Regards,
Udo

5 years 2 months ago #302556

Hi,

The payment links do now work for guests.
Of course, it's possible it doesn't work on your website because of some wrong configuration, or override.
For example, the payment link has to contain the "order_token" parameter which allows HikaShop to identify the user so that not anyone can access an order, only the person who created the order.
If that parameter is missing, then the link will be refused by HikaShop. This could happen if you have an old view override, or an old email override or an old version of HikaShop.
Alternatively, it could also be that the link generated uses a menu item that you configured to be accessible only for logged in users. In that case, the link will be refused by Joomla before even reasching HikaShop.

We would need more information on the situation to be able to say more on the problem.

5 years 2 months ago #302600

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
The order_token parameter is present. The payment link is using a menu Itemid with public access.

I just found out that the payment link does work for a guest if his session still is active.
So if he clicks the link in the email within a short time after ordering, it works fine.
When his session is expired he is asked to log in.

Is this expected behaviour?

By the way: the Itemid Hikashop is adding to the payment link belongs to the menu Products listing. Is this normal?
I expected it to use the Itemid of the Checkout menu.
The Products listing menu is only used to present results of the search filter. The main shop is in the menu Categories listing.

Regards,
Udo

5 years 2 months ago #302615

Hi,

No, it should work even when his session expired.
If it doesn't, please provide the version number as shown in the HikaShop configuration.
Also, where do you get the link from ? The thank you message at the end of the checkout ? An email notification ? Something else ?
Could you provide a link which doesn't work even though it should so that we could have a look ?
You can send it along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 2 months ago #302763

Hi,

To my surprise I can report that the Pay Now link does work now!

At first the link didn't work at all. The day after it only worked during the session, And some days later it worked as it should.
I did most testing local using XAMPP. I don't know why it failed first and worked later. Caching? Peculiarity of XAMPP? Conflicting scripts?

During one test on the live website the problem was caused by me, I'm afraid, In the overview of order statuses I checked Unpaid for status pending. Immediately after sending a test pending mail I unchecked Unpaid, to prevent customers to see the link too. Then I clicked the pay link. Logically that it didnot work in that situation.
I did not realise that checking is needed to make orders available for payment afterwards. The help text for Unpaid only says checking is needed to show a Pay button. I wrongly was thinking the order would still be available for payment afterwards after unchecking.

Anyway, thanks for you highly regarded support.

Udo

5 years 2 months ago #302765

Hi,

It's probably the caching of your browser which resulted in the problem for some of the cases you tried. Once a link is redirected somewhere else because the download was refused, even if you restore the order status, some browsers still have the redirect command stored for the download URL and they won't even trigger the download URL but directly the redirection URL.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds