PayPal Express - return URL

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 11 months ago #306290

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Only the main area is blank. Photo below is the overview page. It seems like return to login page.

<jdoc:include type="message" /> is already located in the index.php.

What should be the problem?

Hope top hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
4 years 11 months ago #306291

Hi,

It's strange that this main area is blank. If you're on a login form page, then you should see the login form of Joomla. I suppose that there is some customization (of you or your template) hiding that form on that page.

From what I understand, with the additional information you provided, your issue seems to be that Joomla finds that you don't have the right to access the current menu item as you're not logged in.

As you can see in the URL of that page, the menu item used is the one with the id 886. So first, I would recommend to check the settings of that menu item. Could you provide screenshots of the different settings of that menu item ?
Normally, the menu item used when coming back to the shop is the same as the one you had when you left the shop, which, if it was the checkout, can be controlled with the "force a menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
So it would be great to check on that setting too. How is it configured ? And if you change it to a public access menu item, does it help ?
And finally, since the issue is related to the user not being logged in, how is your checkout process ? Did you login/registration before paying ? Did you go through the checkout in "guest" mode ? Or did you skip the HikaShop checkout completely by going through the "checkout with PayPal Express" button on the cart in order to bypass the checkout ?
Could you provide screenshots of the settings of your payment method and of the settings under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration ?

4 years 11 months ago #306322

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your quick reply.

1. Screenshoot menu-item

This message contains confidential information

2. Change to public access menu item, but it doesn't help.

3. Force a menu on checkout screenshot, settings under the "checkout" tab.

4. I did paypal express checkout, it skip the HikaShop checkout completely and direct to paypal payment.

5. Screenshots of the settings of payment method for paypal express checkout. *I remove paypal API details.

These are the settings. Any clue why is that?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Regards,
Jern

4 years 11 months ago #306336

Hi,

You should configure a public menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout" (if you don't already have one) and select it in the "force menu on checkout" setting. If you don't want it to appear on your website, you can assign it to a hidden menu.
That way, the PayPal Express checkout will use that menu item upon return to your shop instead of the "login" menu item which it selects automatically and isn't well suited in this case( it's a "guest" menu item for the cpanel, which redirects to the Joomla login form as it requires the user to be logged in, etc).

4 years 11 months ago #306490

Hi Nicolas,

I have created a new menu item, and select it in the "force menu on checkout" setting. However, after I successfully made payment with paypal express check out, I return to the page I create, but it is blank as well.

How to solve it?

Regards,
Jern

Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #306492

Hi,

Can you provide screenshots of the settings of that menu item id with the id 1050 ?

Also, if you could provide precise instructions to reproduce the problem on your website, along with a link to it, that would be great.

4 years 11 months ago #306545

Hello,

I let someone look at it that knows more about PHP, he said there were 2 PHP errors occuring when being redirected back from paypal.

These are the two errors:

[Tue May 14 22:16:05.773195 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 9674] [client 202.188.77.55:60524] PHP Notice: Undefined property: plgHikashoppaymentPaypalExpress::$payment_params in /var/www/html/texelseproducten/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalexpress/paypalexpress.php on line 524, referer: www.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?fl...EC-3V152641XL0621043
[Tue May 14 22:16:05.773237 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 9674] [client 202.188.77.55:60524] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/texelseproducten/plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalexpress/paypalexpress.php on line 524, referer: www.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?fl...EC-3V152641XL0621043

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

4 years 11 months ago #306567

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback on these notices. We'll fix them for the next version of HikaShop. However, these have no incidence on the problem. The only issue they create is that an entry is not added to the payment log file when the customer comes back to the website if the "debug" setting of the payment method is activated.
So these are not related to your problem.

4 years 11 months ago #306587

Hi Nicolas,

Noted. Thank you for your info.
Regarding the previous questions,these are the screenshot for menu item 1050.

Following is the precise instructions to reproduce the problem on our website, along with a link.

This is running under our test server, so you can do anything with it, it won't affect anything.

The steps are as following:

Just select any item and add to cart. Go to checkout page and select paypal express checkout.
It will redirect you to paypal payment page. You do not need to log in or sign up an account.

Hope to hear from you soon regarding this problem.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

4 years 11 months ago #306623

Hi,

Thank you.
Reviewing everything, I think that the issue is what I was talking about from the start: your template is not displaying the error messages.
Do a payment test after switching to the default template of Joomla. With it, you should see the thank you message at the end when you're redirected back to the website.
That will confirm that there is a problem with the template.
And since apparently the issue is not with the <jdoc:include type="message" /> tag you would have to check with the template provider as to why this happens.

Otherwise, if you still have a blank main content area even with Protostar, then please provide a backend and FTP access along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can analyse the situation more in depth.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 10 months ago #306861

Hi, Nicolas.

I have contacted yootheme, they said problem is with hikashop.

Attached picture from the conversation.

Please advise.

Regards,
Jern

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 10 months ago #306901

Hello,

Hard to say more, but tell us, did you proceed with a default template (like ProtoStar) ? Does This solve your issue ? Do you see your message with ProtoStar ?

Because, if you was able to see it with ProtoStar, then there is only one explanation, the root issue is the Template...
Hope this will help you to solve your issue.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Philip.

4 years 10 months ago #306982

Hi Nicolas,

I have set my website to default template (ProtoStar) but it seems like the problem not with template.

Because when i check out with paypal express, it return to a blank page, after set the website to default template.

Attached the photo for the return page.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #306985

Hello,

Sorry but I'm a little confuse because I process a new test on your website with Paypal Express and I get this :

So from our point of view it seems that the issue is solved OR there is something we miss...
Regards

4 years 10 months ago #307008

Hi Philip,

I configure the protostar template in another test url.

You can try again with this URL.

The customer details should grab from paypal account after done payment with paypal express. But a blank page is shown.
The problems is mentioned earlier in this discussion.

Regarding the page you get, the text "MY Module, Thank you for your order." was added manually by me.
The customer details is not there.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

4 years 10 months ago #307009

Hi Philip,

I configure the protostar template in another test url.

You can try again with this URL.

This is the check out page link:

The customer details should grab from paypal account after done payment with paypal express. But a blank page is shown.
The problems is mentioned earlier in this discussion.

Regarding the page you get, the text "MY Module, Thank you for your order." was added manually by me.
The customer details is not there.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jern

4 years 10 months ago #307021

Hi,

Could you provide a backend access as well as a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a deeper look into it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 10 months ago #307052

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes. Sure. I will drop you a message with details for the website.

Regards,
Jern

4 years 10 months ago #307101

Hello,

I process some tests again and succeed to get this :

For proceed invisible test (for your customer as your website is live) I create another Paypal Express payment method (only for super user & in Sandbox mode), I let it, you can use it and see that everything works as expected, from this hard to get the root issue...
Can you try it again and if the issue is already there, can provide a detailed step by step process to reproduce the issue.

Awaiting news from you
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Philip.

4 years 10 months ago #307182

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

I can get that payment page if I login in as a customer.

However, this only happen when you are not login as a customer or fill in any guest details for check out with paypal express checkout.

Customer data did not show up after done paypal payment.

It is still a blank page even though I use the paypalExpress (test) plugin created.

Regards,
Jern

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds