Send the email to client with a link to complete his Purchase Order Number

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #280621

Hi.

I have HikaShop Business and i have the next task:

After the client created the order, he need to get the e-mail with "one-time-link" with long/secure hash-URL to a form, where the client can enter the Purchase Order Number for that order. (We dont need to enter the Purchase Order Number before creating the order on the site (as it is now implemented with the plugin " HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin"))

The next step is:
After entering the Purchase Number for that order, the status of that order is set to confirmed.

Do you have ideas how to realise it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 6 months ago #280623

Hi,

You'll have to do some custom coding:
- some custom coding in the emails of HikaShop via the menu System>Emails to add the link to your purchase order number form
- some custom coding as a plugin/component to create that purchase order number form page and store it in the order when the user validates.
If you're not a developer, you'll need to have one do it for you. You might want to contact our partners:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisitsa

6 years 6 months ago #280666

Hi, Nicolas!

Thank you for your answer, i am developer, so.. i asked because maybe the hikashop has some ready decision for my task.. if no... you gave me a direction where to start!

If you have the opportunity to write any more details (regarding my question), I will be very grateful!

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 6 months ago #280674

Hi,

Well, if you're a developer, adding the link in the email should be a piece of cake. You can get the data of the order in $data->cart when you're in the HTML version of the email.
Like for example: <?php echo $data->cart->order_id; ?>
Then for the custom page where you can have that purchase order number form, it's up to you what you prefer. I would personnally develop a really small component ( docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Developing_an_MVC_Component ) where I would have one controller to handle the display of the view for the form and the saving, where I would basically write a MySQL query to store that in the order.
But if you're not familiar with component development, you could use something like a custom HTML module and the loadpoisition plugin of Joomla to basically add your form in a Joomla article, and then have a small system plugin to catch the submit of the form and do the MySQL query.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisitsa

6 years 6 months ago #280698

Thank you very much! Will work!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds