Userpoints payment adding payment fee when Stripe payment published

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 3 months ago #285944

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

We've got the Hikashop User Points payment plugin set-up to allow payment using AltaUserPoints.
We also have the HikaShop Stripe payment plugin enabled, and we have fees added for this payment plugin - 0.30 % a percentage).

However, whenever the Stripe payment plugin is published and the user selects to pay with points the checkout is adding the 'Payment fee' from the Stripe plugin to the points to the userpoints checkout.

I've looked and can't find any please in the userpoints payment plugin to set fees.

We were at 3.2.1 and just upgraded to 3.2.2 (hikashop) but that didn't provide any change.

Any ideas? We were hoping to be able to start using points today :-( [it worked the last time we enabled the points, but that was well over a year ago]
(NOTE: The Hikashop front-end access for this site is only available to registered users of the site, so it's not publicly accessible to view right now).

Can you at least confirm if this happens in your testing?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #285946

OK ... a further update.

I had opened a different tab in my browser that had the plugin 'HikaShop User Points payment plugin' (from the Joommla plugin area). It was opened before I updated to 3.2.2.
I just went back to the tab (I had forgot I had it open) and was trying to change some of the options - esp. changing the Do not show by default. When I changed that to NO the checkout used the points by default (which is NOT what I want to happen); however, the fee wasn't added to the cart (probably because the points were being taken out before the cart total was 'presented' to the payment plugin.

So, it appears that the payment by points process is happening at different points in the checkout process (or at least the cart calculation process), based on that "Do not uss point by default" setting.

OR there is a bug in the system that is pulling in fees from the Strip plugin even when the points payment option is selected.

BTW ... I couldn't find any documentation about the various options of the Hikashop UserPoints plugin interface (via the Joomla plugin screen).

6 years 3 months ago #285948

After doing quite a bit of additional testing I was finally able to make this work properly.
Here is what I did to make the userpoints payment actually work:

1. Start using the new checkout process

* Go to System Configuration
* To to the ADVANCED tab
* In Legacy Settings areas set:
* Checkout legacy = No
* Add to cart legacy = No
* Backen dashboard legacy = No

2. Put the entire checkout workflow into one step

* Go to the Configuration CHECKOUT tab
* Drag and drop so that all the workflow items are in the same 'step'. Specifically we have the following items in the following order:
* Cart
* Coupon
* HikaShop user points
* Payment

3. Configure the Hikashop UserPoints Plugin

* Go to the Joomla EXTENSIONS | PLUGINS screen
* Open the "Hikashop UserPoints Plugin"
* Set the options as follows:
* Active checkout step = Yes
* Hide when no points = Yes
* Ask for no coupon = Yes
* Do not use point by default = Yes

That configuration made this work as we needed it to work - to allow users to pay EITHER with userpoints OR Credit Card (in our case Stripe) but without having the payment fee be added to the cart. It also had the advantage of being a 'one-page-checkout' process, which we know is better for conversion.

Hope this helps someone with the process in the future.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 3 months ago #285945

Hi,

I can't confirm.
Could you provide screenshots of your points plugins settings ? It must happen only in some particular case.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds