Additional text information in the confirmation email to customer

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #296106

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hi,

Half year ago I had added additional text - like the bank account info etc. - inside of the first email which is sent to the customer after purchasing a product. ("open" status) So the customer has the bank account number and delivery details in the email.

But since one of the updates this part is not there anymore in the emails.

Unfortunately :( I cannot remember how I brought this additional text into the emails.

1. Could you please tell me how to do it again?

2. How to avoid that it will disappear after installing a new verison of Hikashop?
Would be fine if I do not have to repeat this every time again and again...

Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 8 months ago #296108

Hi,

Normally there is nothing to do.
HikaShop already includes the "information" that you entered in the payment method settings in the order creation notification email sent to the customer after the order is created.

Now if you want to modify add text to that email, the simplest and safest is to use translation overrides for the existing text already in the email:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
You won't loose translation overrides if done properly (not modifying directly the original translation but adding the text in the override area).
If you want to do deeper changes in the email text with conditions (PHP code), etc, then you can edit the emails via the menu System>Emails. The changes will be stored as overrides if you do them through the interface, so you won't loose them when you update your HikaShop.

5 years 8 months ago #296397

Hi,

I added my own text into the language override among THANK_YOU_FOR_YOUR_ORDER="......"
Now it is there in every confirmation to the customer. (in the Order creation notification + Order status notification).

Normally there is nothing to do. HikaShop already includes the "information" that you entered in the payment method settings in the order creation notification email sent to the customer after the order is created.

...this info is not there in my default Order creation notification Email (without the trick using language override)

The detailed information with Bank Account etc. is visible online after checkout BUT NOT in the Order creation notification Email.
(see Screenshots)

So my question is:
should this detailed bank info be in the "Order creation notification" by default OR not?
If yes - how can I get back the default email configuration?

thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 8 months ago #296420

Hi,

Yes, it should.
Note that the email will only add it if the status of the order after its creation is one of the order statuses enabled under the "unpaid" column of the menu System>Order statuses. So please check that this is the case.
, if yes and you still have the problem, then could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your payment method settings and of that order statuses page ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: woidl

5 years 8 months ago #296447

I activated the UNPAID checkbox in the Order Status "created"
Now it works, the bank information is there in the order creation notification email.

Perfect, thank you

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds