how to use points to pay

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 4 months ago #301821

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

how do i use user points in such away that your earn points for every purchase but the value of the points is only 1 percent of the total purchase

something like if i buy 1200 i get 1.2 points. i can then use the 1.2 points on my next purchase

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 months ago #301832

Hi,

There is no decimal for points. So what you could do is that in the user points plugin (menu System>Plugins) you set a rate of 1€ spent = 1 point earned.
Then, in the user points payment plugin (menu System>Payment methods), you set a rate of 1 point = 0.01 €. That way, you would need 100 points to buy a product costing 1 € and you would get your 1% factor for the points.

5 years 3 months ago #302164

how can i set the points so that the system will tell unregistered buyers something like

If you register you can earn points and pay for it.

If you are registered where can i edit it to make it something like this

You already have 3690 points. This is equivalent to (36.90 USD). You can use your points to pay for your order.

thanks

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302171

Hi,

1. You'll have to edit a view file of the checkout and add some code to display that message based on whether the user is logged in or not.

2. There is already a view you can use in your checkout workflow for that. In the settings of the user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager, you have options to have a checkout view. Then, you can add that view to your checkout workflow.
With the settings of the plugin, you can manage what the view will display.

5 years 3 months ago #302484

1. You'll have to edit a view file of the checkout and add some code to display that message based on whether the user is logged in or not.

can you please tell me which file?

2. There is already a view you can use in your checkout workflow for that. In the settings of the user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager, you have options to have a checkout view. Then, you can add that view to your checkout workflow.
With the settings of the plugin, you can manage what the view will display.

can you please tell me what view? this is my configuration i dont see any options for the view

3. in the presentation of points how can i generate 1percent of the total checkout value and this amount will also be the exact value. at the moment my configiration presents points and 1 percent of this is converted or can be used for payment, this presents confusion to the buyer.

4. how do i manually edit the points?

5. can i reset all the points?

thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by ronron.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 3 months ago #302515

Hello,

1 - We don't know what or where you want to do ; so we can't tell you which one.

2 - You have the "active checkout step" so it means that you that "checkout step" available in your checkout workflow configuration.

3 - Sorry but I don't understand your question or what you want to do.

4 - Edit the value in the backend. Don't forget that it's a user custom field.

5 - Sure. Perform the action in your database or using a mass action. Once again, it's a user custom field

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds