Paypal Integration

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 3 months ago #302236

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.25

Hello,

I'm new to Hika, so I've installed the latest free version to play with. I'm working through documentation and liking it so far. I plan to use PayPal as the payment gateway, to sell a small number of simple items. I see there are a number of PayPal configuration options within Hika.

However, one thing I would like to get a feeling of, is the required setup on the PayPal side. Could someone please point me to some introductory text or briefly explain - if using a simple personal Paypal account (which so far has only been used with Ebay), what sort of changes will I need to make / configure on the Paypal account? For instance; within Hika, is Paypal only being used as a payment gateway, so knows nothing about the actual products, sizes, vat etc.

Many thanks,
Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302238

Hi,

Yes, HikaShop will only use PayPal as a payment gateway. It will send to it the amount to pay and to which account the money has to go to basically.
You can also have HikaShop send it more details about the order, but it won't change anything for the configuration of your PayPal account.
If your account has been used to sell items with eBay, then it's already a Business account and you should already be able to use it with your own online shop. In HikaShop, you just have to enter your account email address when configuring the PayPal payment method and it should work.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 3 months ago #302255

Excellent, thanks Nicolas. Following on from that; will Hika work with a personal PayPal account? So I can layout the options to the user?

Lastly, I see there are 5 PayPal plug-ins available with Hika. Is there some documentation to describe the differences between these, so I can make an informed choice? I've searched around, but haven't found a good explanation as yet.

Thanks again.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302263

Hi,

I think PayPal will ask you to switch to a Business account after a certain amount of payments received. I would recommand to confirm with their merchant support as I didn't had any experience in that area and it might even vary based on the country you're in.
When I created my PayPal account, it was directly as a company. All I can say is that there is no technical restriction on that in HikaShop itself.

The PayPal normal plugin is the basic one and the one I would recommand to use. The PayPal Pro plugin is to have the credit card form directly in the checkout. This bring PCI-DSS compliance issues that you might not want to deal with. Also, PayPal Pro is only available in a few countries. The PayPal Express checkout plugin is to skip the checkout on your website. This can reduce the steps the user has to take to place an order, but it also means that you can't have a shipping method selection on your own checkout, etc so some features of HikaShop's checkout won't be usable in that case. The other plugins are for more specific uses. For example, PayPal adaptive is for when you want to accept payments for products from different vendors and redistribute the money automatically to you and the vendors according to their commissions.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds