[SOLVED] Two problems if customer pays later and changes payment method

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 10 months ago #307048

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hi,

Conditions:
- In system config, both "Payment of orders not paid immediately" and "Allow customers to change their payment method after checkout" are set to "yes".
- Multiple payment methods, e.g. Bank Transfer without extra cost, PayPal with 2% "price", Cash on Delivery restricted to Pick-up/Self-collection.

Problems:

1a. If customer selects Bank Transfer in checkout but later clicks "Pay now" and then chooses PayPal, the 2% are not applied.
1b. Vice versa, if payment methods are set for e.g. PayPal at no extra cost but Bank Transfer having a price of -2% (factually 2% discount), and customer selects Bank Transfer in checkout but later chooses PayPal, he is still enjoying the 2% discount for Bank Transfer.
I can see that the "price" amount is stored in #__hikashop_order in "order_payment_price" column, but it seems the customer changing the payment method does not "reset" this to then apply the price of the new payment method.

2. If a payment method is restricted to e.g. a certain shipping method (like Cash on Delivery restricted to Pick-up/Self-collection only), it is still offered if customer chooses to pay later even if a different shipping method had been selected (e.g. Airfreight or whatever). Haven't tried other restrictions, but at least shipping method restriction does not apply for "Pay now" (= later).

Both not good, obviously. Again, thanks in advance for fixing it.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 10 months ago #307062

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
These were indeed broken due to changes we made when we added the support of taxes for payment methods.
I've added several patchs to have that work properly.
Bonus points: the total of the order is displayed on the payment page and the payment methods selection dropdown now displays the -+ difference for the payment fees for each payment method.
You can download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patchs for all of that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 10 months ago #307078

Thank you very much for your fast and excellent intervention, Nicolas. It's working well now.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds