Redirect or fail in payment trigger cancelled order status e-mail to customer

• Thank you received: 19
4 years 9 months ago #308470

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0

Hi
I have a case where multiple customers are reporting they have received cancelled mails even though they have successfully paid. I was digging into the issue, and found that if a payment fails, e.g. customer has entered wrong payment details at the payment gateway OR if 3D Secure is required, a fail or redirect message is sent back (callback) from the payment gateway to Hikashop.

Hikashop then reacts on this and sends an "order is cancelled" order status email. But the order is never cancelled.

Payment gateway in question is Quickpay.

My question is: can we prevent these mails from being sent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 9 months ago #308475

Hi,

Yes. This comes from the code of the QuickPay plugin :

$order_status       = $this->payment_params->invalid_status;
					$history->data     .= "QuickPay ID:" . $callback_data->id . "<br />Type: ". ucfirst($operationData[$operRunID]->type) . "<br /> Status: ". $status_codes[$operationData[$operRunID]->qp_status_code];
					$history->notified  = 1;
in plugins/hikashoppayment/quickpay/quickpay.php
If you change the $history->notified = 1; to $history->notified = 0; then the customer won't be notified when the status is changed to "cancelled".
I would recommend to report the issue to quickpay so that they can have a look to the situation since they develop the plugin and they might want to include that change or some other change to take your situation into account.

• Thank you received: 19
4 years 9 months ago #308518

Awesome - thank you :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds