Sending Details to Paypal

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 1 month ago #315744

HI,

I had an issue with the points (used as a virtual coupon) not deducting when a user pays via paypal. The full payment was charged. I saw the solution was to disable this send details button. Which we did and the amount charged via paypal was now correct.

But this cannot be a permanent solution? That means we will have to manually adjust this information in our accounting system for every order to take into account VAT and Shipping?

Has there been a fix for this since the past post we found, so that the PayPal charges the correct amount as well as being able to receive the details of an order?

Thanks

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315755

Hi,

It's supposed to be fixed already.
Which version of Hikashop are you using ?
Could you provide screenshots of your points plugins settings and PayPal payment method settings ?
If you're using an old version of HikaShop, I would first recommend to update.

4 years 1 month ago #315757

Hi,

We are running 4.2.2 only installed a few weeks ago.

Attached are the screenshots of the payment plugin (with send details disabled)

Thanks

Mike

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #315758

Sorry,

just to add the points plugin setting if need.

Mike

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #315761

Hi,

Could you please activate the "debug" setting of the PayPal payment method, do a test payment reproducing the error and provide a copy of the "payment log file" that you can get under the main tab of the HikaShop configuration afterwards, as well as a screenshot of the details of the order in the backend ?
That way, we should be able to better understand what's going on as it is supposed to work as far as I know and as far as I can see in the code of the PayPal plugin.

4 years 1 month ago #315780

Hi,

Debug was was turned on.

Order went through but charged full amount. Order came back as cancelled though it was successful. Shows payment as it should ahve been with points deduction.

See attached screenshots for order details. How do you want the log file as I am unable to upload it here?

Mike

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #315781

Hi,

You can zip it and upload the zip here.
Or you can also send it to contact AT hikashop DOT com with a link to this thread for reference.

4 years 1 month ago #315799

Sent to your contact email address.

Thanks

Mike

4 years 1 month ago #315800

Hi,

Thanks for that.
I was able to understand the issue. It comes from a side effect of another fix we had to do to avoid HikaSerial loosing data in the cart because of the email preloads in some cases. This removed the additional data added by the order creation process and which the PayPal plugin needs when sending the order details.
I've added a patch for that on our end.
Download the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it will add the patch.

4 years 1 month ago #315853

Thanks for that,

Will that only install the patch? We have had some custom work done and just need to make sure this would not be written over. I am waiting for the developers to come back to me. Are you able to send me the just the files for the patch in the short term?

Thanks for all your help.

Mike

4 years 1 month ago #315854

Hi,

Installing the install package will replace all the original files of HikaShop.
Now if the custom work was done properly with overrides and plugins, you won't loose anything.
But to be safe, you can just download the install package and extract the file back/classes/order.php and replace it in administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php
It will add the patch and hopefully not break anything (but that file might require modifications in other files and thus it might break, that's why I was recommending the full install.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds