50% deposit options for payment

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 1 month ago #315841

-- url of the page with the problem -- : dutch.audio
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2

I'm using mollie and paypal payments in my shop which is always a payment in full. This works great.. but..
Is there a way (and how) to set up an extra payment option connected to mollie and/or paypal with a 50% deposit option?
The idea is that a customer pays a 50% deposit fee before production starts instead of the 100% in full payment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 1 month ago #315845

I thin l you will find that this component allow incremental payments. www.joomlathat.com/invoice-manager

The other option is to offer an option to pay 50% using variants and then raise a second invoice via the admin for the second payment. So your dropdown will have 2 pricing options.

Dave B)

4 years 1 month ago #315847

Thanks Dave, The first option is not really what i'm looking for, but second is indeed what I want. How do is set that up? I'm not really familiar with these kind of things. to be honest.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 1 month ago #315849

Hi

the info is in the link below on how you add characteristics and the variants

www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics

Dave B)

4 years 1 month ago #315850

Thanks! But that seems to be way to complex for what I want. I just need an extra payment option during checkout with 50% deposit (so just 50% of the total amount) which I think should//could/hope be done way more simple then this.

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by dutchaudio.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 1 month ago #315852

The only other option might be to create a discount code giving 50% off that the user can enter.

If you look at this page you will see how the deposit option works for them.

www.toysarama.co.uk/action-figures/hiya-...-predator-px-by-hiya

Dave B)

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 1 month ago #315844

Hi,

Well, you could duplicate these payment methods in the System>Payment methods menu and have the copies with a "percentage value of -50 so that it would remove 50% of the order total value as "payment fees" and then use a translation override to rename "payment fees" as "deposit option selected" or something like that.
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
However, this means that the total order value will appear as 50% of the real total amount and thus once the payment will have been made for the 50% of the value of the order, the customer won't be able to pay for the rest of the 50%.
You would have to manually create a new order for the customer in the backend to have him pay the 50% that are still unpaid.

Another option would be to modify the payment plugins to handle all that automatically (charge half the amount at the end of the checkout, and then charge the customer the rest). But that's a lot of customization work and you have to do it for two payment plugins. If you're a skilled developer and you have some time in front of you that's possible, otherwise, I wouldn't recommend trying this.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds