Payment confirmation step after Paypal and iframe questions

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 week ago #317281

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16

I have a few questions concerning the paypal plugins.

1. Is it possible to have a confirmation/submit step AFTER paypal payment information (or any payment method for that matter)? In other words, have the customer enter address information, enter paypal information (with or without redirects to payment gateway) and then have the customers go to a submit order page or return to the website to actually submit the order? This is something i have observed on most ecommerce websites. Not sure if this something that would be specific to a payment plugin or could be generalized with an additional step in checkout flow.

2. With Paypal Advanced, the idea is to have the paypal login form hosted on a website without redirecting to paypal. Unlike the credit card processors or paypal pro, paypal advanced requires the user to select this form of payment and then actually enter details for paypal on the next page (extra step in checkout flow). Is there any way to display the iframe upon radio button select of payment?

If #1 is possible, i will abandon paypal advanced as paypal pro + paypal express plugins does the same thing and offers more flexibility for styling without extra steps. Additionally, the submit order step will help alleviate the previous issues with google analytics tracking since the user is required to return to website for final order submission.

Please let me know if you need any further information or clarification from my side. Thanks!

Holden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
4 years 1 week ago #317296

Hi,

1. I don't agree with you here. As far as I know the vast majority of websites will create the order before sending the customer to the payment gateway.
That's necessary because otherwise, the customer can change the cart after the redirection to the payment gateway and thus he would pay a different price than what is in his cart. Then, you don't know what to do as you already have a payment which doesn't correspond to anything.
The only exception to this is when the credit card information is asked during the checkout process. In that case, it's possible to process the payment just before the order is created, in the same PHP process.
That's actually what HikaShop does for payment plugins / gateways supporting that way of processing payments.
For example, the Stripe connects plugin on our marketplace, the PayPal Pro plugin, or the Authorize.net plugin in AIM mode all work like that and ask the credit card information before the user finishes the checkout on the website and then when the user clicks on the finish button, the payment is processed and the order is created if the payment is successful.

2. PayPal advanced requires the order information when displaying the PayPal form. Thus, it has to be after the checkout finish button is pressed, like PayPal standard. It can't be moved before that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds