Which payment plugin supports subscriptions?

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319893

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.18

Hello
I request information.
Website and payments in test mode - Sandbox PAYPAL
In Hikashop there are several plugins for handling PAYPAL - OK
Normal payment - i.e.> product with a file to download - plugin -> HikaShop Paypal payment plugin - there were problems but it is probably a matter of settings and after a few attempts - the payment has been made - OK
What is the issue of subscription handling?
> HikaShop Paypal payment plugin - does not support subscription.
> Hikashop Paypal Recurring Payment Plugin - it is supposed to be used for subscriptions but in my case, after clicking Order and pay> redirection to PAYPAL and an error appears >> "Something did not work properly." - despite the fact that the system sends an e-mail about creating the order.
Automatic payment - not configured on PAYPAL.
It is also surprising that there are no fields to set in this plugin settings -> API Credentials> Username, Password, Signature.
> HikaShop Paypal Express Checkout payment plugin - it has fields to enter the Credentials API but after clicking "I order and pay" there is no transition to the PAYPAL page, but there is an inscription (at my place below the field to enter the coupon) - message> "No payment methods found "and with the inscription" Confirm acceptance of the regulations ... "appears the PAYPAL button -" Pay in the PAYPAL system "- after clicking, you are taken to the PAYPAL website -> then there is payment but no automatic payment is set. On the other hand, an email is sent about the creation of the order and then a subscription will appear in the User control panel, but if the automatic payment is not set on the PAYPAL website, it was probably only a one-time payment.
> HikaShop PayPal Pro payment plugin - also (probably) does not support subscription.
By the way, I will ask - regarding the sale of a product but as access to playing e.g. music. In one of the threads here on the forum two years ago it was indicated that in the case of video or audio playback as a purchase in Hikashop, you can use the file loading field and there is the possibility of setting the source of the URL file, e.g. the address of the article, which has only a specific player in the content title but does it also work with the subscription when e.g. guest or registered user buys temporary access for online playback? If so, as in the user account Hikashop> User control panel - will this playback be available?
In the subscriptions tab - there is only information about the subscription.
Best wishes
Piotr

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by masmix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 10 months ago #319896

Hi,

You can use any payment plugin. However, only PayPal recurring supports recurring payments (where the payment is automatically done every month to extend the subscription). With the others the customer has to manually go back to your website to purchase again a product to extend the subscription after he gets notified of the subscription expiring soon.
You say you have an error when you get redirected to PayPal with PayPal recurring. Which exact error message do you have ?
Also note that we have a documentation with several error messages that PayPal (whatever PayPal plugin you use) can display:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...nt-paypal-error.html
So the solution to that error message might be in there already.

Regarding your question with the video and audio sales:
If you directly add the file as a download, then customers will be able to download it and play it on their computer. If you want the player to be on your website directly, then you indeed have to create a Joomla article with the player of the file inside (with a video/music player joomla plugin/module) and you need to restrict that article (and the joomla menu item to access it or its group of articles for the subscription) to a specific user group. You can then configure your subscription plan to give access to that user group so that people subscribed to that plan will have access to that article (or these articles) while their subscription is still active.

3 years 10 months ago #319922

Hello Nicolas
Thank you for your answer.
What you wrote in connection with the files - I checked earlier but ... it works so that someone who bought one plan for a single title - in the system say, there are 100 titles - as a subscription product, also has access to other titles ... and I don't want that.
I got a different idea but maybe you can tell me how to do it?
Well - a product associated with the subscription, e.g. for 7 days as access. After the purchase, the subscription in the User control panel is shown and the file for download is also shown, but I entered the URL of the article, which has only one player title in its content.
How do you have to have a menu item - "downloads" but as a list of files (titles) - those purchased and after clicking the selected title you are redirected to an article with this player? Of course, if someone bought access to 15 titles, they no longer have access to the other titles.
There is one more thing I need. If a product connected with a plan and, let's say, there are several plans, e.g. 3> 7 days access, 14 days access, 1 month access, then how to set someone who buys access to this product and choose e.g. 14 days access, then for the remaining variants of this product, this buyer will not be able to buy it again for these 14 days after the current subscription has expired for these 14 days or if he cancels himself?
Best wishes
Piotr

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #319955

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm not able to understand your message.
Can you please clarify (summarize) what you want and what you have for the moment ?
If you can separate them in different points, it will help us to give you a proper and organized reply.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 10 months ago #320008

Jerome wrote: I'm sorry but I'm not able to understand your message.
Can you please clarify (summarize) what you want and what you have for the moment ?
If you can separate them in different points, it will help us to give you a proper and organized reply.

OK
I checked the operation of the PAYPAL recurring payment plugin.
In my case, these 4 subscription plans with different operating times.
I assume that I have 100 HikaShop products but as articles, there is one music player in each title with one title set, i.e. there are 100 different titles - paid access to listen.
The description of HikaSubscription shows that if the Plan is to be associated with the Product - in my case - it is a paid access to playing the music title and I used> Characteristics which creates the option of creating a variant - I need the purchase of one of the plans of this article to block the remaining 3 plans until the purchased plan expires or is canceled. So how should it be set?
Should I create 400 subscription plans> 100 music titles (articles) but each should have 4 plans - I recall> 1 day access, 7 days access, 14 days access and 1 month access?
Are 4 Subscription Plans and Linking a plan 1 day for each of 100 products (articles)?

Returning to check the PAYPAL recurring payment plugin.
Because I first checked 4 plans and relationship with 100 products (tutorials) each has 4 variants - i.e. first product first - the connection between the created variants and these 4 plans, then the 2nd product, etc.
How does the plugin work? There are problems.
Purchase of the 1st product - 1 day access - the first time on the PAYPAL sandbox error pops up >> "Something did not work properly - Try again" in the address is> sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes/error.
In the meantime, HikaShop sends order information. The subscription in HikaSubscription is created but is "closed".
When I try to refresh on the PAYPAL website, the message> "Something did not work properly - Try again" appears again and an email is sent with the creation of a new order.
I tried differently on the PAYPAL website - undo the "go back" arrow and it turned out that it went further and the purchase was made.
I don't know if it was an accident or it really worked.
I was checking another option.
After an unsuccessful purchase - return to order in the basket and again "I order and pay" - interestingly - the payment was done well.
Purchase 4th product - 1 day access - purchase unsuccessful
Purchase 4th product - 14 days access - purchase unsuccessful
And here is the question asked above - should I make 400 plans - each Product (title) in four variants and should have its 4 subscription plans?
Example> 1st Product "Listening to nature" - Access plan - 1 day but the name of this plan, eg "Listening to nature - access 1 day", then 6th Product "Listening to rain sound" - Palnu name, e.g. "listening to rain sound - access 1 day "etc?

Best wishes
Piotr

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #320010

Hello,

One problem at a time please.
To summarize your message :

Paypal recurring error with the message "Something did not work properly - Try again"

Please enable the "debug" mode in the plugin configuration and provide the details from the HikaShop payment log.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 10 months ago #320026

Jerome wrote: One problem at a time please.
To summarize your message :

Paypal recurring error with the message "Something did not work properly - Try again"

Please enable the "debug" mode in the plugin configuration and provide the details from the HikaShop payment log.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files

Regards,

Hello
I have enabled "debug" - I have information - payment log.
What should I give - is there a lot?

Best wishes
Piotr

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by masmix. Reason: [paymentaction] => authorization [txn_type] => subscr_payment [item_name] => Suma [a3] => 3.00 [p3] => 1 [t3] => D [src] => 1 [sra] => 0

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 10 months ago #320043

Hi,

I would recommend to upload the file somewhere (on your website ?) and provide its link (or a backend access to the website so that we can check it directly) via our contact form along with a link to this thread for reference:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds