Which is the correct PayPal plugin for Paypal Website Payments Pro

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325255

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.diykeyboards.com/

I'm sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm confused as to which payment plugins I should be using.

I've upgraded to PayPal Website Payments Pro and am using the "HikaShop PayPal Pro payment plugin" to process credit cards right on the site. That's been great.

My question is how do I also take auto-captured paypal payments? I had been using the "HikaShop Paypal payment plugin" previously. I'm trying to eliminate the extra step of having to log into PayPal daily to capture payments.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 5 months ago #325261

Hi,

The PayPal Pro plugin will auto capture payments too, provided that the "Instant Capture" setting is turned on in the settings of the payment method.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325629

I apologize, I don't think I was totally clear.

I am using the "HikaShop PayPal Pro payment plugin" to do instant captures on credit cards right now. That's working great.

What I'm after is a way to instantly capture payments made using PayPal accounts. The plugin above only processes cards, as far as I can tell.

I'm using the "HikaShop Paypal payment plugin" as a second payment option to process PayPal account transactions, but that doesn't seem to have an option for instant capture. Payments made this way still have to be manually captured.

Does that make sense?

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 5 months ago #325635

Hello,

You have to activate in your Paypal payment plugin settings, your option "Enable validation mode" to "Yes".
And this will allow your order to be validated on Paypal servers, if not, maybe there points to check on your merchant Paypal settings ?

Hope this will allow you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixdeuces

• Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325945

You were on the right track. Had to set Enable validation mode: No

The issue is resolved. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds