Add More Payment Methods To Website

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326157

Hi there,

I would really like to add more Payment methods on my website, such as Apple Pay, Google Checkout or Google Wallet.

I'm a little unclear as to how to proceed. I see the Google Checkout and Google Wallet plugins, but none for Apple Pay. I read some posts on the forum about Apple Pay but I'm still not clear how to add/use it with Hikashop - would you mind telling me how?

Also, what is the difference between Google checkout and Google wallet, which one works similar to Paypal?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 4 months ago #326159

Hi,

Google Checkout was discontinued in 2013:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Checkout
Google Waller has been merge with Google Pay in 2018:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Pay_Send
Both APIs have been discontinued.
So to integrate with Google Pay, it would require the development of a new plugin for that new API :
developers.google.com/pay/api/web/overview
And it's basically the same with Apple Pay.

Now while HikaShop doesn't have a plugin to directly integrate with them, some payment gateways do integrate with them. So With some payment plugins, you can still use Apple Pay / Google Pay through the payment gateway. It will go like this:
- At the end of the checkout, the plugin will redirect you to the payment gateway for the payment of the order
- There you'll be able to select the payment method you want to use: credit card, paypal, google pay, etc.
- If you choose Google Pay, the payment will be done as it would with a direct integration but going through the payment gateway of your choosing.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #328617

hello,

which plugin?

3 years 2 months ago #328636

Hi,

Well, it depends. First I don't have a list. And second, it depends on where you and your customers are located.
For example, the adyen payment gateway supports Google Pay as well as a load of other payment mechanisms:
www.adyen.com/pricing?navItem=europe
But Google Pay is only via Adyen available for some regions. It's apparently not available in Africa and the middle east.
Thsi Stripe plugin implements the Stripe Checkout API:
www.ignisdev.com/en/extensions/p/stripe-checkout-for-hikashop
and Stripe Checkout apparently also supports Google Pay:
stripe.com/en-fr/payments/checkout
But that's just me looking on google for a few minutes. You can probably find several others. There are more than 200 payment plugins available for HikaShop so I can't check them all.

• Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #353276

Hi Nicolas,

Are there any other payment methods that works similar to Paypal? Based on your response it looks like Apple & Google pay will only work with a Payment gateway, they don't work like Paypal?

Sorry, I'm still hoping to add other payment methods but not sure how.

Thanks!

8 months 2 weeks ago #353280

Hi,

Indeed, Apple Pay and Google Pay don't work like a normal payment gateway. They are like a credit card payment system and payment gateways can offer payments via them or via credit card, or other means.
How about starting simple and switching from PayPal to PayPal Checkout ? That's the new payment system of PayPal. It comes with a dozen of different payment methods: www.hikashop.com/home/blog/497-hikashop-4-7-4.html

• Hikashop Business
8 months 2 weeks ago #353316

OK thanks. I'll look into it.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds