Bug in Paypal module when not having a correct paypal account

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 4 months ago #327362

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Invalid Merchant or Merchant doesn't exist!

I came into this bug: after activating the Hikashop Paypal advanced payment plugin and NOT YET HAVING a correct paypal account, the problem is that the enduser will receive an error (which is correct) during the checkout process, but the shop owner is receiving a confirmation that all is well.
Haven't yet tested so I don't know what will happen when I have a correct Paypal environment installed and something goes wrong.
Eitherway: how can I prevent that the shop-owner is receiving an "all-well" confirmation regarding the payment via Paypal in this false environment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 4 months ago #327374

Hi,

What do you mean by

the shop-owner is receiving an "all-well" confirmation

?
The error is supposed to display to anyone using the checkout if the plugin is not configured properly, even to super administrator users.

3 years 4 months ago #327394

1)in the overview of the orders (back-end), this order has a status that it is paid correctly via Paypal.
2)The final client has received a confirmation by e-mail that all is paid (correctly) via Paypal although he has seen on the screen that there was an error with the paiement.
Any suggustion to change this? Certainly preventing the customer having a confirmation that all is being paid...

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by guyb.

3 years 4 months ago #327396

Hi,

If the order is marked as confirmed then either the payment is successful, or the payment method or the order statuses have been confirmed wrongly in HikaShop.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your payment method and of the listing in the menu System>Order statuses ?

3 years 4 months ago #327622

Exact: the payment method is configured wrongly in HikaShop. I know that.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 4 months ago #327655

Hello,

Good, so the order wasn't confirmed but from what you said through your first message, the shop-owner is receiving an order confirmation email. Can you show us screenshots of one of these emails so that we can find out which email was sent ? Thank you.

You can check every email sent by your shop via "Hikashop->Customers->Email history".

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #327678

Are you saying now that when one is receiving an order with the status 'created', the owner of the shop must control his bankaccount before knowing that all is right?
And what to do with a 'created' order where the payment wil happen locally in the shop when the goods are being received?

That is difficult to understand. Certainly for someone who is working part-time at the shop. In 1 situation 'created' = ok, go for it; and in another situation 'created' = STOP

Anyway, I was just saying that in my opinion it is a bug. How you are dealing with this info, is up to you. It was my mistake because the Paypal account is not correctly activated. If I have, with a correct configured Papal account the same problem, I'll come back with a detailed explanation.
Regards
Guy

PS the same e-mail as always is being used with the confirmation of the order. And this for the end-user and the shop owner.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by guyb.

3 years 4 months ago #327692

Hi,

No. HikaShop can send 2 emails to the shop owner:
- the "order administrator notification" email when the order is created at the end of the checkout, before the payment
- the "payment notification" email when the order status changes from "created" to "confirmed", after the payment
So the email "order administrator notification" should be ignored in your case. And if you don't want to receive it, you should turn it off in the System>Emails menu.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds