Secure payment with paypal

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 2 months ago #328573

-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.3

Hi,

I would like to create my online boutique with hikashop. I already have a website using joomla 2.5.3 with currently PHP 5.5 ( I guess I might need to update this one, as I haven't done so ever since I created my website). I am thinking to create my online boutique on my current website, on a subdomaine or on another domain. I haven't decided yet. If I am creating it on a subdomain or on another website, I will probably use the most up to date version of joomla.

With regards to payments, I'm thinking of using paypal to start with. As I'm not a developper and do not know that much about creating an eshop, I was wondering if using hikashop with the paypal pluggin means that the payments will be secure? I am using OVH to host my website and I am seeing that it has the SSL certificate - Let's encrypt . Is that enough to secure the payments or will I have to use another pluggin or do something specific to protect my customers' payments?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 2 months ago #328583

Hi,

Yes, the payments will be secure as the payment itself will actually happen on PayPal (you'll see that you'll get redirected to a payment page on paypal.com at the end of the checkout where you'll be able to pey either with a PayPal account or a credit card, and once done, you'll get redirected back to the shop).
So no worries regarding the security. Having a SSL certificate is nice, but it's not mandatory to accept payment securely. However, if will help for your credibility towards your customers and improve your SEO so I highly recommend you to have one. If you have one with Let's encrypt, then you should be fine.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 2 months ago #328657

Ok. Great ! Thank you.

And with regards to the version I’m currently using for my website, PHP 5.5 and Joomla 2.5.3, is it compatible with the use of the hikashop extension or do I need to use a more recent version of PHP and joomla? I think I may create my online boutique first on my current website and in the future create a new website for the eshop on a new domain.

Many thanks!

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 2 months ago #328668

Hi,

It should work. However, almost no one create new online shops with joomla 2.5, so recent versions of HikaShop have not been tested a lot on Joomla 2.5. So it's possible that you might get some errors.
I would recommend to do some tests, and if you find errors you can ask us for an older version of HikaShop which will work better with Joomla 2.5.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds