Paypal pro accept debit card !!!

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 10 months ago #332930

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hi,

Can you please clarify my doubt regarding paypal pro payment plugin.
Paypal pro payment plugin accept debit card payment ?? I can see only credit card details is collecting in payment page.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
2 years 10 months ago #332931

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I can see only credit card details is collecting in payment page" ?
Are you talking about the text "You can pay by credit card using this payment method" ?
That text is just the default text of the payment method and you can change it how ever you want.
I don't know what "debit cards" are for you.
The term "credit card" is used in the default text but it doesn't mean that the payment method doesn't support debit cards.
Now, it depends the networks supported by PayPal and the networks supported by your debit card and your country.
For example, debit cards with the "visa electron" network ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Electron ) are not supported by PayPal France ( www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/article/quel...-sur-paypal--faq1119 ) but they are in the USA ( www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what...-with-paypal-faq1234 ).
So I can't say that PayPal supports payment with any type of credit or debit card.
But I can say that it supports payment with some (most?) types of credit cards and some (most?) types of debit cards (usually the most used ones in a particular country).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds