PayPal Express incorrect in checkout

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335119

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Hi, Can you please advise why PayPal Express insists on being incorrectly placed in checkout? this allows payment to go through with NO restriction applied ignoring all the restriction setting?
All other payment methods sit correctly where the arrow in pointing but I cannot find a way to get this method to go where is should

Rgds

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 7 months ago #335124

Hello,

The "PayPal express checkout" payment method is a payment method which will exclusively be displayed just after the cart during the checkout workflow of through the cart module.

If you don't want it to be displayed through the checkout workflow, note that you can control its displaying through your payment method configuration page via "Hikashop->System->Payment methods".

Also, if you want a "PayPal" payment method which will be displayed as the other payment methods during the checkout workflow, you should probably use the classic paypal method.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335132

Hi, Thank you for your reply but you have not answered all the question!

1. why does PayPal Express NOT take any notice of any shipping restrictions I have set up in Hikashop e.g. shipping weight restrictions, it allows payment to proceed without any shipping attached if the restriction is exceeded? this works correctly with the PayPal payment method!

I have been told by PayPal that I cannot keep using the PayPal payment method that I have been using for the last 10 years with Hikashop as it will no longer function in taking payments! hence I have had to switch to Express with is not working correctly (ignoring restrictions) within Hikashop!

Rgds

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by mohairbears.

• Thank you received: 747
2 years 7 months ago #335133

Hi,

Perhaps this didn't come across clearly enough in Mohamed's reply: it's in PayPal Express' distinct nature that it doesn't behave like other "regular" payment methods in HikaShop. PP Express wants you to go straight to paying with them, "through PP's checkout", so to speak. So, if you're using this, it's normal behaviour.

PayPal Standard (Mohamed called it "classic") should still be working as it does for me... if it did not, you'd sure see a lot of screaming here and elsewhere, including from myself, haha. So, not sure why PP would tell you this.

If I were you, I'd disable or remove PP Express from my payment methods and use PP Standard instead -- as Mohamed suggested. Give it a shot, and you'll see it'll be fine.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335136

Hi, You have quite obviously skim read my response.

PayPal have both phoned me and emailed me stating that the PayPal Standard/Classic will no longer work shortly and that I had to migrate to PayPal Express, this I have done with the issues as stated!

I did find however, find that when using the standard I was getting a lot of failures and since I have started using Express I now get way fewer?

With 1/2 million turnover through PayPal, why would I start using something that is not going to function correctly for much longer? longer

?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13035
2 years 7 months ago #335153

Hi,

First, that message from PayPal is quite strange. The PayPal standard API is one of the most used one out there. So I'm surprised they are telling you that it will be discontinued shortly. PayPal didn't tell us anything about it even though we're using it too on our own website and, as far as I know, it's, by far, the most used payment plugin for HikaShop merchants.

Second, it's normal that Express Checkout skips the checkout. The goal of that payment method (as envisionned by PayPal) is to have the checkout happen at PayPal and not your website. PayPal provides you interfaces to setup shipping fees/restrictions for its own checkout in that case:
www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/setup-paypal-pr...-based-shipping-5865

If you want the checkout to happen on your website and not on PayPal, then you can't use PayPal Express Checkout.
Note however that there are other solutions. You could use PayPal Advanced (which is also included by default in HikaShop) as is not deprecated as far as I know.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...aladvanced-form.html

• Hikashop Business
2 years 7 months ago #335155

Hi Nicolas, I will trust this information provided and swap back to the PayPal standard. I like you have no idea as to why PayPal would contact me to swap to Express?

I will also look into the PayPal advanced.

thanks

• Thank you received: 13035
2 years 7 months ago #335157

Hi,

Well, I'm surprised they would contact you about this while they wouldn't say anything to us so far.
But maybe they're trying to move merchants in your regions to other APIs and didn't start for merchants where we're located ?
I looked online but couldn't even find any roadmap about the NVP API (PayPal Standard) being discontinued.
I would recommend you ask the guy from PayPal about a precise roadmap.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mohairbears

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds