Any plans for Sumup payment gateway?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353406

Sorry to keep asking for help.

I have got the SumUp payment almost working, insofar as SumUp are taking the payment from the card and crediting my account but I have the following issues:

1) SumUp aren't sending me notification that a payment has been made, I'll take that up with SumUp.
2) The order status isn't being changed from Created to Confirmed.
3) the order reference on SumUp statement isn't the same as the order reference on the shop orders summary, which is probably the reason for 2) but I have been creating and deleting orders manually and the order reference on the SupUp statement was one I had deleted before I made a test purchase.

I appreciate that this is an issue with a plug-in that you don't control but any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353415

I've received a statement this morning for some test purchases over the week-end and the order ref is correct, so disregard 3) in my last message.

I don't understand what the address for 'You have to specify this payment notification URL on your configuration account' refers to, is this the address that SumUp needs to know?

Again, sorry for asking question that may not be anything to do with HikaShop but I'm so close.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 1 week ago #353433

Hi,

Both point 1 and point 2 are probably because you didn't do "You have to specify this payment notification URL on your configuration account".
After a payment, the payment gateway (Sumup in this case) usually sends a payment notification to the website. For that the payment plugin integrating with the gateway either sends automatically the URL where the gateway has to send the payment notification, or asks you to manually provide that URL to the gateway. When the plugin receives the payment notification, it then changes the status of the order to confirmed and the email notifications are sent.
So this basically means that in the Sumup merchant account, there should be a place to provide that payment notification URL, and once you do so, it should all work fine.
It's probably what they call "webhook" here: developer.token.io/sumup_rest_api_doc/co...ashboard/webhook.htm
Sumup's support should be able to help you with this.

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353435

Thank you again,

The link in 'You have to specify this payment notification URL on your configuration account' is www.artisan-pens.com/index.php?option=co...sumup&tmpl=component .

I had a look at the SumUp webhook and disregarded it when it said 'Note: The webhook is sent only when the transfer status returned by the bank is transitional; i.e., processing. When the status is conclusively final — either success or failure — the webhook is not sent.'

I'll await a reply from SupUp support

Best wishes

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353436

Sorry, me again,

SumUp are returning a payment status to the shop but the shop is not auctioning it.

Have I missed something?

Attachments:

9 months 1 week ago #353437

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Where is Sumup returning a payment status ?
To a URL ? Which one ?
What do you mean by "the shop is not auctionning it" ? You mean the shop is ignoring it ? How do you know that ? Do you have access to some log with that information ? Or is that something Sumup's support told you ?
What is the link with your screenshot ? This screenshot just looks like the thank you page of HikaShop, which you've customized to adapt the text. But the customer coming back to that page has nothing to do with the payment notification as far as I know.

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353448

Thanks for the reply,

The screen shot is what is shown after the customer (me with a gmail address) has entered their card details and pressed 'pay' but that is all that happens (my SumUp account is credited at that point).

I would expect the order status to be changed to 'completed', the cart emptied and the product quantity to be reduced, none of which happens.

SumUp's support isn't as good as yours and I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

I hope this is understandable.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Pens. Reason: ScreenShot added

9 months 1 week ago #353450

Hi,

OK. So we need to wait for their answer. I suppose configuring the notfication URL on your Sumup merchant account should sort all this out.

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353468

Thanks,

Do you what the return address on HikaShop should be to change the order status etc?

The SumUp part seems to be working, it's just that SumUp needs to know where to send the conformed/rejected notifications to change the order status etc.

9 months 1 week ago #353475

Hi,

It should be the URL on your screenshot:
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...659_2023-07-17-2.jpg

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353494

nicolas wrote: Hi,

It should be the URL on your screenshot:
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...659_2023-07-17-2.jpg

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Thanks, I hadn't noticed but that URL had more after the ? I have changed it to just artisan-pens.com/index.php and it's made no difference.

I heard from SumUp support who said 'We’d like to inform you that we’ve now activated your payment scope. Could you please try again and tell us if the same issue appears again. Where do you see taht the Payment URL is wrong.'

But still doesn't work apart from taking the payment.

This has taken up too much time for both of us, so I'll give up for now.

I've also tried a test purchase with the new PayPal check-out module and while it empties the cart and changes the order to confirmed it doesn't up date the product quantity.

9 months 1 week ago #353496

Hi,

You need to use the full URL with everything after the ? too.

For the quantity updating, we've actually discovered a bug on that matter yesterday and added a hot patch to HikaShop 4.7.4. It's likely you have the same problem. Download again the install package of HikaShop 4.7.4 on our website and install it on yours and it should help.

• Hikashop Essential
9 months 1 week ago #353519

Thanks,

I've installed the update and all is good for PayPal.

I've entered the full URL ( artisan-pens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4 ) in the return address and still not working.

As I said, thanks for all your help but I'll give up for now.

Best

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds