VirtualMerchant payment plugin debug for "An error occured"

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 6 months ago #335606

-- url of the page with the problem -- : simcoecurlingclub.ca/online-proshop/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 93.0.4577.63
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : An error occurred.

Using the HikaShop VirtualMerchant payment plugin. The Merchant ID, User ID and pin were copied and pasted, check for spaces before and after.

Site already has a custom payment using this merchant ID, with user ID ad pin. Also has an event registration that has a virtualmerchant payment plugin with this exact same info set for Live and it has been tested and working.

I have access to Converge to see any transactions, or access the accounts with pin and so far no transaction attempts.

Turned debug on joomla, system debug plugin so can see the debug console as well. Debug turned on in the VirtualMerchant payment plugin settings. Nothing is displayed other than once the credit card info is entered the info is accepted and then after processing the "An error occured" is at the top of the checkout.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by HickHackerz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 6 months ago #335616

Hi,

This error message indicates that the payment server returned an invalid answer when the payment plugin contacted it.
This could happen if the payment server is not available, or outgoing connections are blocked by the hosting, or any other kind of connection issue between the website and the payment server.
Please try again after activating the "debug" setting of the payment method.
You should see debug information on the communication between the payment plugin and the payment server with what the server returned. That will help us better understand what's going on.

2 years 6 months ago #335618

I have tried with the "debug" setting of the payment methold. Toggled on or off makes no difference.
As for connections, the same site has VirtualMerchant processing 2 other payment plugins, for membership and one for event registration. They use the same merchant ID, username and pin and have been tested working.

And any debug settings show no communcation information, just the friendly error. Debug console in Joomla shows nothing of interest either.

• Thank you received: 609
2 years 6 months ago #335623

Hello,

Maybe there are a misunderstood, if you have already done so then sorry for asking this question but have you look the payment log ?
Note : In order to learn more about the payment log file look of this documentation .
As a precision, you have to process a test order to fill information and clues about your website servers and payment platform servers in the log file.

Hope this will help us to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Philip.

2 years 6 months ago #335636

Thanks for that info! That is what I was looking for is a log to help.

Unfortunately the log is not populated.

2 years 6 months ago #335637

UPDATE

I happened to read more with this virtualmerchant plugin and the debug doesn't really show much. I found out that I needed to exit out of the processing to see what was being received.

Don't you have other debug message on the page since you have the debug option turned on ?
Normally, it should display more things.
If not, change the line:
echo print_r($ret, true)."\n\n\n";
to:
echo print_r($ret, true)."\n\n\n";exit;

in plugins/hikashoppayment/virtualmerchant/virtualmerchant.php and that will display the return data from the payment gateway on a blank page and that should include the error message epxlaining what's wrong.

This worked great! I found out right away that it was failing on address submitted. I did not realize that hikashop even though the login is from CB would not pull anything. I just assume the point of login was to share profile data and not just the authentication.

Once I added the address option to checkout, I could see it works. Flipside I could remove the requirement for address from the merchant, but having that billing info might be good and it effects the other plugins that do submit the address.

The test came back valid so I will process a payment tomorrow and then can have a working shop! Appreciate the replies as they helped keep me researching the problem

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds