PayPal Checkout Button

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 6 months ago #336390

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3

Hi

I am in the process of activating PayPal Express Checkout on a site. I have a couple of queries.

Firstly the position of the button on the page. It sits outside of the other payment options as per screenshot. I expect there is a logical reason for this?

Secondly I have had instructions for changing the button which uses CSS rather than images. I would appreciate some guidance on how this might be implemented long term. Short term changing the coding in the payment plugin will help but of course every time there is an update I would have to reload/edit the file.

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 6 months ago #336398

Hello,

The fact that the paypal button isn't be displayed exactly in the same place as the other payment methods and voluntary because the process is totally different compared to other payment methods.
Now, you have this code in the paypalexpress.php file :

As you can see the paypal express button can be directly edited in the YourWebsite\plugins\hikashoppayment folder, and the paypalexpress.php

Hope this will help you to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 6 months ago #336427

Hi Philip

I have made changes in paypalexpress.php to the button img src and loaded the button locally.

Now in the dropdown when people go to pay an outstanding order the text shows as paypalexpress although I have called it PayPa Checkout in the plugins name field. Not sure why this hasn't updated? Your help appreciated?

Thanks

David

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 6 months ago #336428

Hi,

The goal of the PayPal express checkout payment method is to skip your checkout. When you click on the button, you get redirected to PayPal's checkout screen, pay for your purchase, and only then is the order created and confirmed.
That's also why it doesn't appear with the other payment methods since its goal is precisely to skip your checkout.
Similarly, having to pay an already created order with PayPal express checkout should not happen as the orders made with it will be already paid and the others shouldn't have the payment method listed on that payment page.
The fact that it doesn't display the name of the payment method but its folder name is because the payment method selected for the order is not among the ones loaded as valid payment methods, but since it was set before in the order is still displays it in the dropdown as to not change the selected payment method for the order. But because of that it doesn't have access to the name.
But again, that situation should normally not happen. I suppose you must have either created the order in the backend or changed the payment method of an order to this one to get it listed there.
However, reading your first message, it seems that you want to use PayPal as a normal payment method, where the customer goes through your checkout and can select it among all the available payment methods. In that case, you probably don't want to use PayPal Express Checkout but another PayPal plugin like PayPal standard, or PayPal Advanced.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 6 months ago #336431

Hi Nicolas

You are correct that the customer wanted to use PayPal Checkout on the site and for also use it for orders created manually. Appreciate the clarification.

Thanks

David

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds