Invalid response from PayPal causing un-confirmed payments

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337032

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Out of no where, PayPal has started providing Invalid responses for Payments that have actually gone through.

I've made no changes to the site in the last 3 days, and this started overnight yesterday.

Can you please investigate as it seems this could be an IP response? It's causing some havoc on my site with people buying items.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337034

As I seemed to recall an issue like this previously, I scanned all my old posts, and found one where the sales were not being flipped to confirmed automatically, and the response was similar to this issue, but I just checked with the host, and the PayPal IP address of 173.0.81.1 is not being blocked by them...so maybe the IP has changed or something else is going on?

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 5 months ago #337037

I've had this problem today too, but not consistently, only a couple of the orders (have had orders before and after that have been fine).

Yesterday I didn't get any payment emails from PayPal at all (all coming in a batch this morning) so I am assuming that it is something to do with them, and that hopefully the issue will clear.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337038

GB11 wrote: I've had this problem today too, but not consistently, only a couple of the orders (have had orders before and after that have been fine).

Yesterday I didn't get any payment emails from PayPal at all (all coming in a batch this morning) so I am assuming that it is something to do with them, and that hopefully the issue will clear.

Maybe they have cleared it on the PayPal end? I couldn't get anyone on the phone that knew anything. I just had 2 back to back PayPal transactions that did clear completely...so we shall see.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 5 months ago #337057

Hi,

It could also be that they've added a new notification server and you have filled the "IPs" restriction setting of the payment method.
In that case, the notifications will be rejected when they come from that new server, for which the IP address is not in the IPs restriction setting, but they won't if they come from the other notification servers.
In the long run, I recommend leaving that setting empty so that it will work regardless of the IP address of the notification servers.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337065

nicolas wrote: Hi,

It could also be that they've added a new notification server and you have filled the "IPs" restriction setting of the payment method.
In that case, the notifications will be rejected when they come from that new server, for which the IP address is not in the IPs restriction setting, but they won't if they come from the other notification servers.
In the long run, I recommend leaving that setting empty so that it will work regardless of the IP address of the notification servers.

My IP box has been blank since a previous issue...so not sure what happened. Maybe PayPal was just having issues on their end.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 5 months ago #337071

It's possible yes.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337101

nicolas wrote: It's possible yes.

OK thank you

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds