Paypal: No Guest Checkout

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 3 months ago #338657

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Dear HIKA-Team,

I have installed the classic PayPal plugin from HIKA-Shop with a sandbox account (but same problem with live account). When entering the PP page during checkout, I don't see the guest checkout button for direct credit card payment. I have activated it in PP (PayPal account optional) and my e-mail address is activated.

BUT: A PP robot told me that the following might be an issue, since I am using a 3rd-party plugin. My question concerns the second part with "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and if I need to activate it somewhere?!?

Guest Checkout Requirements
Before you can enable Guest Checkout in Checkout, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
Have a confirmed email address.
Set PayPal Account Optional to On within your PayPal settings (see below).

With a Checkout custom-coded solution, there is an additional step:
Set SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole in your initial SetExpressCheckout API call.
If you’re using a third-party shopping cart, you’ll need to work with them or your developer to implement this variable.
As long as SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole is passed in the SetExpressCheckout API, Guest Checkout will be enabled.
In order for SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole to work, you must have PayPal Account Optional set to On within the PayPal account settings (see below).
Many third-party carts provide an Enable Guest Checkout option in the Administration view of their Checkout module.

This comes from site: www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-...ckout-option-faq3226

Merci et tout de bon,
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 3 months ago #338660

Hi,

The PayPal plugin in HikaShop uses the PayPal Payments standard API:
developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal...on-guide/formbasics/
All the available parameters that can be used are available here:
developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal...ndard-htmlvariables/
As you can see there, there is no such "SOLUTIONTYPE" parameter nor something similar to this. And that's normal since this parameter is for another API of PayPal.
So this additional step is not linked to your situation.

As it says before, your merchant account email address needs to be verified and the setting in the account needs to be activated.
But just that doesn't guarantee that the user will see the guest payment option on the PayPal payment form.
That's because it also checks for the user situation. If the email address of the user is known to already be linked to a PayPal account, or has paid more than a certain thredshold as guest, it won't allow him to pay as a guest and will directly ask him to pay with a / his PayPal account.
So when you test your checkout, make sure you use a random email address that doesn't exist (for example, one from yopmail). And you might even want to try with another browser so that PayPal doesn't know you through the cookies in your browser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds