• Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 months ago #338980

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any browser
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : /

Hi guys,

i've just set up the Stripe payment plugin, (had to edit the file /plugins/hikashoppayment/stripe/stripe.php to add GBP in the $accepted_currencies variable, otherwise i couldn't use it with GBP). So that all went fine, i've tested it and it worked but then i got this email from Stripe:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Stripe! We’re writing because we noticed your account is impacted by a regulatory requirement called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). SCA requires two-factor authentication on many payments in Europe. Payments that are not authenticated are at risk of being declined by your customers’ banks.

Your account (Clay Cellar Ltd) has payments (like this one) in live mode using the Charges API, which does not support the authentication requirements of SCA. We recommend using one of our SCA-ready integration paths to avoid more declined European payments.

Read more: stripe.com/docs/strong-customer-authentication

Will there be an update for the Stripe payment plugin, what should we do?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 2 months ago #338981

Hi,

The API provided by Stripe for that plugin is deprecated as explained on the github page where the plugin can be downloaded:
github.com/HikaShop/hikashoppayment-stripe

The plugin uses the legacy Stripe API (version 2).

The Stripe API used in this plugin is deprecated by Stripe. This plugin won't work anymore and thus is not supported anymore

Another plugin using the new API, including stripe-js and connect has been developed by one of our partner. So if you want to use Stripe with HikaShop, you need to use this plugin instead: www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 months ago #339649

It's really puzzling that you don't offer updated built-in support for Stripe. Of course you can't support all payment platforms, but it's the second biggest payment gateway in the world after PayPal and you make/sell... a webshop system. Stripe is what many of your potential customers are using.

We bought the 3rd party plugin for our webshop because we switched to Stripe in our shop, but this is not ideal.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 2 months ago #339651

Hi,

Thanks for your input.
The problem is that it sets a bad example for our partners.
If we develop plugins that they already developed and provide them for free with HikaShop while they sell it on our marketplace, why would they bother developing other plugins for HikaShop ? Most payment plugins are made by 3rd party developers and we can't develop them all ourselves. So we decided to not undercut our partners.
I see your point of view but I believe that it's also important to encourage other developers to developer plugins for HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds