Pay Later Option

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342162

Hi there,

We would like to add another payment method on our website. Is the below something that can be used with Hikashop? I would like a "Pay Later" option in addition to the regular paypal option that is on our website.
www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/ways-to-pay/buy-now-pay-later

If the above is not available in HikaShop is there a "Pay Later" option that you can suggest?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 10 months ago #342163

Hi,

The "Pay later" service of PayPal would require a new PayPal plugin to be developed.

You have for example www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/253-multisafepay.html which includes loads of payment methods ( www.multisafepay.com/solutions/payment-methods ) like AfterPay or "Pay After Delivery" and both allow the customer to "pay later".
You also have Stripe checkout ( www.ignisdev.com/en/extensions/p/stripe-checkout-for-hikashop ) which allow you to use "affirm", "afterpay" and "klarna" which are all "pay later" payment methods : stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-methods...ew#buy-now-pay-later

• Thank you received: 35
1 year 5 months ago #346559

Hi guys,
as far as I know there is no a real "pure" direct "Pay Later" HikaShop plugin, Right ?
(Where the order is Created, but wait for a "manual payment check" before to manually Confirm the order)

But, we could create it duplicating the "Collect on delivery" plugin that follows the same workflow. Am I Right ?

Please, in your experience, Is there anything in particular we need to pay attention to ?

1 year 5 months ago #346560

Hi,

Note that here, we're talking about the "Pay Later" feature of PayPal. It is called differently by PayPal (and works differently) in different countries, but basically it allows the user to validate a payment on a website without paying fully for it immediately.
And things have evolved on that front since 6 months ago.
We actually developed a new PayPal plugin in the 4.6.2 for PayPal Checkout.
The current plugin doesn't have a Pay Later option, but following feedback from someone else ( www.hikashop.com/support/forum/payment-m...e-system.html#345170 ), it can be added easily with a small code modification.
And following that, next version of HikaShop, the 4.7.0 which is to be released this week if all goes well, will have that extra "funding" setting to allow you to offer "Pay Later" on your website easily.

What you're talking about is just not processing the payment directly and processing it later (during delivery for example). And yes, that's what the "collect on delivery" plugin is for.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

• Thank you received: 35
1 year 5 months ago #346573

Hi Nicolas,
in first of all I'm sorry for the mistake and many Thanks for your precious explanation.

So, the Pay Later feature will be added to the PayPal Checkout plugin, Did I get it right ?

"collect on delivery" plugin & Pay Later = Thanks !

1 year 5 months ago #346576

Yes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds