• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347758

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hello,
I need a Payment Plan Option like Amazon.com
I need to be able to charge a user for 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 months and then have the payment stopped without the user initiating anything.
I would like to do this with recurring paypal. But, the payments continue until they are stopped by the user.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,
Wrina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 3 months ago #347761

Hi,

What you want is to offer the customer to pay in "instalments". This requires both the payment gateway and the payment plugin to support it.
PayPal offers this with their "Buy now Pay later" scheme (supposing they support the capability in the country of the customer):
www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/ways-to-pay/buy-now-pay-later
For this to be possible, you first need to set up the PayPal Checkout payment plugin via the "new" button of the System>Payment methods menu, and enable the pay later funding capability.
Doing it with PayPal recurring is not adapted as, as you discovered, it's up to the customer to stop the payments. PayPal recurring is adapted to purchasing subscriptions.

MultiSafepay also offers that capability with some of the available payment methods :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/253-multisafepay.html

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 1 week ago #352403

I too want to offer a two-pay option for a product of significant cost. I do NOT want to offer a "Buy Now, Pay Later" option, I need Half Now, Half in 30 Days Option. Can either HikaSerial or HikaSubscription do that for me? Or do I need to use PayPal?

9 months 1 week ago #352406

Hi,

HikaSerial or HikaSubscription is not adapted to paying in instalments, like what you want. Their capability is to offer subscription products where users subscribe to a plan and payment is made each month until the user wants to stop the subscription (like magazines subscriptions for example).

The Pay Later capability of PayPal is different for different countries and based on the total amount, etc.
PayPal could offer to pay in 4, 6, 12 or 24 instalments. So really, that's what you want to go with.
I invite you to chek the capabilities of Pay Later for your country. For example, for the USA, if the total amount is between $30 and $1500 PayPal will propose "Pay in 4", with 4 instalments, one every 2 weeks. And if the total amount is between $199 and $10000 it will offer the possibility to choose between 6, 12 or 24 monthly instalments.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 1 week ago #352467

I was told by PayPal here in the USA that I cannot specify Buy Now Pay Later, that's offered on a case-by-case basis to specific customers, based on their credit-worthiness. So that doesn't help me.

I see documentation for Stripe but I don't see it listed among the plugins in my Business version. Do you still support it?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ent-stripe-form.html

And as for HikaSubscription, can't I just set a short-term subscription length (i.e. 2 months)?

Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by toolie.

9 months 1 week ago #352471

Hi,

The Stripe plugin on our marketplace ( www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html ) doesn't allow for payments in several instalments as far as I know.
This one might: www.ignisdev.com/en/extensions/p/stripe-checkout-for-hikashop
But I can't say for sure as I've never used it and it's developed by a third party developer on their own.

HikaSubscriptions is not made to work like you want. You sure can make a 2 months subscription. This means that either:
- after the first payment of the full amount of the product during the checkout, 2 months later, the subscription will expire, and the user will have to manually pay again to extend the subscription 2 more months. And it will repeat every two 2 months.
- after the first payment of the full amount of the product during the checkout, 2 months later, the subscription will expire, and the user will automatically be charged for the full amount of the product, extending the subscription period automatically. This will repeat every 2 months.
In either cases, that's not what you want.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 1 week ago #352503

nicolas wrote: Hi,
HikaSubscriptions is not made to work like you want. You sure can make a 2 months subscription. This means that either:
- after the first payment of the full amount of the product during the checkout, 2 months later, the subscription will expire, and the user will have to manually pay again to extend the subscription 2 more months. And it will repeat every two 2 months.

This is close to what I want. I want the "subscription" to expire because it is NOT a subscription, it's meant to be a way to spread payments out. So if I set up a subscription product that costs US$1795.00 per month and lasts for 2 months, the buyer pays the $1795 to start. Will they be billed the second $1795 after 1 month, then it stops?

If so, that's exactly what I want.

I will likely have use for an ongoing subscription for other products, so if the above is true, HikaSubscription could work for me.

Please advise. Thanks!

Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by toolie.

9 months 1 week ago #352506

Hi,

No. It won't do that.
In your example, the user will pay $1795 at the start. At the end of the 2 months, the subscription will expire.
You can configure notification emails to need that the subscription will expire soon, or that it has expired, with a payment link to extend the subscription so that the customer can go through your website checkout again, and pay again to extend the subscription.
Then, 2 months later the subscription will expire again, and there will be the email(s) sent again, and the user will be able to extend again, going through your checkout.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 1 week ago #352523

OK, I cannot seem to explain to you what I want, so I'm going to let this go. Thanks anyway.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds