Option to Pay at Pickup

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 2 months ago #349651

Is there a payment plugin to be able to collect payment on pick up or should I just use one of the other ones and change the name/description

Pay by check, Pay by Purchase order?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13080
1 year 2 months ago #349653

Hi,

The payment plugin for that is called "collect on delivery". It is preinstalled with HikaShop.
That's one of the standard names of this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_on_delivery

1 year 2 months ago #349678

Thanks, Nicolas.

I was actually looking to use the option for people to pay when they pick up an item, rather than have the items delivered.

The use case scenario is a brick-and-mortar store that allows people to order online and then pay when they go pick it up at the store.

Is there anything like that?

1 year 2 months ago #349679

Hi,

You can use collect and delivery for that. Just change the name of the shipping method when you create it.
Also, you might want to change the text at the end of the checkout. You can do so with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Also, note that you have the "shipping address override" setting in the shipping method. And you can restrict the payment method based on the shipping method selected with the "shipping methods" setting of your payment methods.

1 year 2 months ago #349706

Thank you again.

In a situation where I want both the pay at delivery and the pay at pickup, then the easiest is to use a duplicate of the pay at delivery and change the title.

Regarding

Also, note that you have the "shipping address override" setting in the shipping method. And you can restrict the payment method based on the shipping method selected with the "shipping methods" setting of your payment methods.

Just so I understand, I should create a "Pickup" as a shipping method (using a duplicate of the manual shipping plugin) and in the shipping configuration only have this shipping method apply to the "pickup payment method.

I tried this and noticed that since the "shipping" price for pay at pick up is $0 the checkout shows "Free Shipping" is there a way to not display anything? I wonder if I can just alter the language from "Free shipping" to "No shipping fee"

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #349708

Hi,

That's correct.
I would also recommend a translation override to change that "free shipping" text if it's not adapted.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex R

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds