PayPal: 404 from 'Return to merchant' button

• Thank you received: 5
11 months 2 weeks ago #351409

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 - component not found

Hi,

on our website, when a user tries to checkout with PayPal and receives an error (for example when they entered an incorrect shipping address) and presses the 'Return to merchant' button, they are redirected to this URL:

www.ms-verlag.de/index.php?option

Since it throws a 404 error I would like to change it, but I cannot find where.

I've tried setting the 'Cancel url' and 'Return url' values in the PayPal payment method as well as enabling the 'Auto-Return' function in my PayPal account. Sadly: No success.

Where do you set this URL?

Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by NTV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
11 months 2 weeks ago #351413

Hi,

The URL is provided by the PayPal payment plugin to PayPal automatically, so normally, the URL is always correct and there is no need to change it.
The URL you provided likely indicate that PayPal is not using the URL provided by the plugin but another one (maybe one set in your merchant account ?). I think the issue is related to this.
Note that I can also see that you're using the old PayPal plugin. I would recommend switching to "PayPal Checkout". It's the newer plugin which works better, has less potential issues, and more capabilities than the old plugin. You won't have the issue with the new plugin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NTV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds